WEC CRANKBAITS

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
WEBBY005383
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

WEC CRANKBAITS

Post by WEBBY005383 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:08 pm

I noticed wec crank baits are bringing shots on ebay, what are some of the rarest colors and models? I have about 30 nib is now the time to sell or hold on to them? I notice the wiggle wart market is a little soft lately compared to the last couple years?

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: WEC CRANKBAITS

Post by smalljaw » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:02 pm

The reason the wiggle wart market isn't as robust as it once was is due to other baits working well. Specifically the Spro rock crawler and the Don Iovino/Major Craft Zone Hunter. Both of those baits are producing like the old warts and they all seem really good so you don't have to buy 8 of them to get 1 good one.
Barlow's Tackle

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: WEC CRANKBAITS

Post by iabass8 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:25 pm

The WEC market is a product of recency biased. ED just passed and the baits are no longer made so the prices are much higher than their 22-25$ tag. However, there are thousands upon thousands of WEC baits in circulation. Prices will inevitably go down but as of today, it's a sellers market. There's also a handful of people that build identical baits that produce the same or better than the WEC for the same price they used to cost. Personally, I'm keeping mine and fishing them. They are great baits. If you want to make a huge return on the ones you have sell them now. As for the most sought after, older dated baits are always wanted by collectors. Foil wrapped colors go for more than standard (usually). Popular colors like chart/black back, skunk, bone shad, red river craw, delta craw to name a few go for more as well. The models that are going for the most now are the Mutt and E-1. Both are 2 of my favorites. Baits like the Wobbler, Tapp, and Hickey I would suggest you hang on to to for a while. They are very, very amazing baits that will fetch a high dollar down the road. Also they are more rare.