Megabass Vision 95

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Megabass Vision 95

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:03 pm

What can you tell me about this bait? Same action and behavior as the 110, or totally different? Does it run more shallow? When would you reach for it over the 110? Any information on the other various 110 lures is also welcome. I'm looking to place an order soon, and believe it or not, I've never fished a 110 8-[

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Megabass Vision 95

Post by i_am_R2 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:58 pm

Its been a while since I fished them but I remember they do run a bit more shallow (maybe around 3' or a little deeper) and do not have as an erratic side to side action. Also, they are silent and have a fixed weight so it is more subtle. If I am able to wet a line this weekend I will try to remember to bring one with me and report back on any other differences.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:38 pm

i_am_R2 wrote:Its been a while since I fished them but I remember they do run a bit more shallow (maybe around 3' or a little deeper) and do not have as an erratic side to side action. Also, they are silent and have a fixed weight so it is more subtle. If I am able to wet a line this weekend I will try to remember to bring one with me and report back on any other differences.
Right on

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:22 pm

I know the oneten Jr. exhibits the attributes you describe, except it rises and has a moving weight so you still get good distance. I wouldn't reach for it over the original unless I just couldn't get a bite otherwise. If you've never fished a oneten, get a oneten.
This is the way.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:19 am

poisonokie wrote:I know the oneten Jr. exhibits the attributes you describe, except it rises and has a moving weight so you still get good distance. I wouldn't reach for it over the original unless I just couldn't get a bite otherwise. If you've never fished a oneten, get a oneten.
I'm planning on grabbing a few models

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:22 am

I was able to get out for a bit and cast the 95 around. To add to what I noted in my last post, the biggest difference between the 95 and the 110 is it has more of a rolling action on a straight retrieve as well as when being jerked. The 95 rolls on its side giving off a lot of flash above/below. On a straight retrieve, the 110 has a tighter wobble like a crankbait whereas you can see the 95 roll almost completely on to its sides. When being jerked, the 95 doesn't have as wide of a walk the dog action that the 110 does, more of a side to side dart but also does the body roll when being worked this way also. Last note, I ran the bait on some mono (.285 diameter) and it seemed to run about 2 feet deep. Hope this helps!