Cotton Cordell Wee Tiny CC Shad

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
replica66[]
Angler
Angler

Cotton Cordell Wee Tiny CC Shad

Post by replica66[] » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:03 pm

I bought a few lures at a yard sale and one of them is still in the package, new, never used. It's a Cotton Cordell "Wee CC Shad" ultralight deep diving plastic lure with rattles inside. It's a shad color with a long clear bill and looks to have a body length of about 1/34". Are these baits even made anymore? Are these little baits worth much? The man who sold it to me said it was his father's favorite crappie lure and that he had about a dozen of these at one time. Looks like it would be a great little lure for light line fishing if it runs straight and true. Cordell made a larger version, but the couple the guy was selling looked pretty bad. Anyone know about this little crankbait?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Cotton Cordell Wee Tiny CC Shad

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:59 pm

I bought a few for $1.97 at Wal-Mart recently. They catch bass, bream and crappie(so far). The hooks bend easily, though, so set the drag very light.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timinmo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:43 pm

Not positive but I think these are a part of the "hardbait" assortments that Pradco came out with earlier this year. Not everything is ultra light but several of the baits are, most are vintage baits that you may have a hard time finding.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:00 pm

timinmo wrote:Not positive but I think these are a part of the "hardbait" assortments that Pradco came out with earlier this year. Not everything is ultra light but several of the baits are, most are vintage baits that you may have a hard time finding.
Yep, that's where I got mine. They really are great little baits. I have used 2 of them and both run true, unless you really burn them.l, then they will blow out and roll. But they fish best barely creeping them, just enough to keep them wiggling.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.