Duo Realis 120 SP opinions

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Duo Realis 120 SP opinions

Post by njbasscat » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:50 am

I just picked up a few of these for the spring pre-spawn bass. How does everyone like them? The only negative I have read is that the front hook can catch the line when casting. Is this a common occurrence? I use mostly MB 110's but wanted to mix it up a little. The 120 SP looks like it would work well for bigger bass.

dhottle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Duo Realis 120 SP opinions

Post by dhottle » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:14 am

It's a mainstay in my tackle bag. I have never had a hook fouling problem with that bait.

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:48 am

I remember posting that I was having issues with the front hook fouling. I still have the same issues on maybe 1 out of 4 casts. I've caught some big fish on it, but the line catching is annoying, at least to me. You already bought them though so let me know how that works out for you :lol:

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:30 am

I love my 120SP's, I throw them more than any other jerkbait. I have experienced the front hook fouling and am going to be looking for a shorter shank hook replacement. Have an of you found a good solution for it...?

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:45 am

adam lancia wrote:I love my 120SP's, I throw them more than any other jerkbait. I have experienced the front hook fouling and am going to be looking for a shorter shank hook replacement. Have an of you found a good solution for it...?
I usually throw it on 10lb fluoro but I noticed if I threw it on my cranking rod with 12lb test it helped a little (I think the stronger fluoro is stiffer leading to less fouling?). So maybe if you went up to 15lb fluoro it could help but I don't know how that would potentially impact the action of the bait. Let me know how the shorter shank goes for you, might have to try that.