Lucky Craft RTO Tiny Squarebill

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Lucky Craft RTO Tiny Squarebill

Post by Jeffbro999 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:18 pm

Anyone throwing this bait yet? Used the 0.5 for years, and the redfish really crush these little cranks, so looking to try something new. It's definitely tiny, and at 1/10oz seems like it would be tough to cast with a regular baitcaster, but who knows. The 0.5 cast like a bullet on any reel, so Id like to give this one a try, but looking for a little feedback before I go all in. Sucks that LC discontinues the good stuff(BDS1, LC/RC 0.5) Thanks for any info you guys can provide.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Lucky Craft RTO Tiny Squarebill

Post by Jeffbro999 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:37 am

Very surprised none of the finesse guys on here have been throwing this lure! It has been working great for my uses, and getting crushed by some redfish up to 9lbs with no damage yet. Not the easiest bait to cast into the wind, but casts well on my Curado 51Es and Abu Premier(Gen2) and STX(Gen3). Even though it's very light weight, it's casts better than the weight would lead you to believe just like the 0.5 did. If I was using an actual BFS setup, this would easily be my favorite crankbait to use for totally trouble free performance and long casting. Has a great hunting action when I burn it, and size 6 Owners fit great without messing with the action.

Riverguy
Angler
Angler

Post by Riverguy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:03 pm

Hoping to bring this one back to life...I will say the .07's are fish catchers. Really wish the .05s would come back

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:19 pm

Riverguy wrote:Hoping to bring this one back to life...I will say the .07's are fish catchers. Really wish the .05s would come back
I need to try the 0.7's soon, look like good baits. It's a shame they discontinued the 0.5 and then release these sizes instead though. I have a bunch of 0.5s with broken lips that I have replaced with circuit board lips and they work great, so at least they can still be used.

As for the Tiny, it's been a great bait so far, and have caught a bunch of fish on the one I've been throwing without anything breaking. I was worried about the redfish's crushers destroying this small lure. It has a really nice hunting action to it, and casts good as long as the reel is capable of 1/8oz. Casting with the wind definitely helps.

Finesse Angler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Finesse Angler » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:48 pm

I haven’t used these yet but I use the skt tiny both shallow and medium runners, they are basically the same thing. They crush bass and large sunfish for me. I throw them on a light spinning rod so I assume a bfs setup will have no issues throwing these guys.