Megabass Vision 110 vs Lucky Craft Pointer

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Polkfish1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Megabass Vision 110 vs Lucky Craft Pointer

Postby Polkfish1 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:24 pm

Rodster14 wrote:I have to confess. I have some jerk baits, but do not enjoy fishing them and have had limited success. I do need to get better at this technique. If you could only have one jerk bait to fish, which one would it be? Your go-to color would be nice.

Just stay with it all day this time of year and it will put a big smile on your face. It my waters in FL, you can have success with a jerk bait late fall well into spring. However, in the lakes I fish, that bite really turns on right now around thanksgiving. I just get bit and it seems like all species in my lakes will bite. I start catching all kinds of stuff that I weeded out in the summer early fall with swinbaits and plastics. Cadence can be figured out pretty fast, but I get hooks ups with short pauses, long pauses, just realing 110 in like a crank gets bit. Sometimes as soon as it hits the water. Definitely 110 for me. Casts like a bullet. I do match colours to water clarity and sun and others have mentioned, but sometimes wonder how much it matters. I thrown some super banged up old 110s which have seen a third set of trebles in which the finish is well worn off and they get bit. Only time I've watched bass approach and get spooked is with a flashy fluorescent colour with silver steipes (forget name) in super clear water. I was pushing it. I looks forward to the good jerkbait months.

BRONZEBACK32
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Postby BRONZEBACK32 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:49 pm

In this pic is my most used jerkbaits, lucky craft pointer 65's & Megabass Live-X Margay's

Favorite colors

Ghost minnow
Aurora Gold
Matallic Ayu
M. Wakasagi
Chartreuse Shad

cornmuse
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby cornmuse » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:28 am

I asked a similar questions quite some time ago and got some terrific answers. Here's a link viewtopic.php?f=49&t=38864&p=298547&hilit=pointer+vision#p298123
www.FlyFishOhio.com - Fly Fishing And More!

Giqqo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby Giqqo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:09 am

110 all the way!

Steffen_82
Angler
Angler

Postby Steffen_82 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:42 pm

Megabass oneten in
Pro blue
Wagin kawamutsu

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby M Perry » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:56 am

For those interest the new Megabass Silent 110's started shipping this week. A new twist on a great performing bait.

Return to “Hardbaits”