What's Your Favorite Topwater Bait? ~~~~~~<:------<<

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Steffen_82
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: What's Your Favorite Topwater Bait? ~~~~~~<:------<<

Post by Steffen_82 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:41 pm

Megabass pop max
Megabass dog x speed slide
Megabass x pod
LC Sammy

DetroitBassN
Angler
Angler

Post by DetroitBassN » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:17 pm

I fish almost strictly topwater and by far the best walking stickbait I keep in my arsenal is the Lucky Craft Sammy 100. NC shell white is money. I have a black one just as productive but I never see that color made by them anymore. For poppers I like ones with deep cups to make loud blurps instead of just spraying water out front. The deep blurp really draws them in even from deep. I fished many USD and JDM baits and for a prop bait still haven't found anything that out performs the original Heddon Tiny Torpedo. This year ill be using Jackals Binksy for my prop bait needs. Of all I said though the Sammy just flat out performs. I fish it on heavily fished water and the deadly walk it has is irresistible. It casts like a bullet too, you can cover a lot of water, and it just flat out gets the job done. All you have to do is find the right speed and hold on.

Drew03cmc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Drew03cmc » Mon May 21, 2018 9:03 pm

I've never had success with them, but I love them all. Damiki Dolphin 90 is pretty amazing.
Andy

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:46 pm

DetroitBassN wrote:I fish almost strictly topwater and by far the best walking stickbait I keep in my arsenal is the Lucky Craft Sammy 100. NC shell white is money. I have a black one just as productive but I never see that color made by them anymore. For poppers I like ones with deep cups to make loud blurps instead of just spraying water out front. The deep blurp really draws them in even from deep. I fished many USD and JDM baits and for a prop bait still haven't found anything that out performs the original Heddon Tiny Torpedo. This year ill be using Jackals Binksy for my prop bait needs. Of all I said though the Sammy just flat out performs. I fish it on heavily fished water and the deadly walk it has is irresistible. It casts like a bullet too, you can cover a lot of water, and it just flat out gets the job done. All you have to do is find the right speed and hold on.
I really, really like the Binksy. One of the more versatile top water baits in my arsenal. Walk, pop, various other retrieve methods.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue May 22, 2018 2:50 pm

I have had excellent results with the Spro Top Dawg. I have a few that are beat to pieces, ut they just keep catching fish.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

CryoFish
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by CryoFish » Wed May 23, 2018 11:13 pm

Fav Popper: The Rapala Skitter Pop currently takes this spot as i have been able to consistently catch quality fish with this popper. I can walk it easily, It sounds different compared to other poppers i own, i can Spit it or blurp it and It's not too terribly expensive. However, the PH Customs Crazy Ace might take it's place.
Fav Walker: Heddon Super Spook (5 inch version). Like the skitter pop, i can get quality fish with this. especially on the Bass color.
Fav Prop/plopper: River2Sea Whopper Plopper 110. the explosions that i get from this thing are unbelievable. the PH custom lures Ploppin P makes a close Second.
Fav wakebait: the Deps Buzzjet Jr. seems to be quite the hit in this thread and it's a hit to me as well. This thing is as noisy as a Killswitch Engage Concert or those people who Blare hip hop in their cars in my neighborhood.
Fav Crawler: This category is limited to the Heddon Crazy Crawler, Jackal Pompadour and Imakatsu Aventa Crawler and the Pompadour is my favorite.