Jackall Chan Wake

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Jackall Chan Wake

Post by leggomye990 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:51 am

I know it's still fairly new, but has anyone tried the Chan wake yet?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Jackall Chan Wake

Post by goldrod » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:56 am

I've been eyeing it... myself
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:24 am

Handled the samples at the show and saw them demonstrated in a tank live. Also caught a video on an Ipad. It was actually alarmingly large in hand for a standard release/non 'swimbait' bass bait. Straight ahead retrieve, not ripped like I thought. Kind of a side to side wiggle, no real wallowing quality at all. The spinning tail only really kicks up a ruckus when fished fairly fast. I wouldn't consider it akin to a standard wake bait unless you really fish em fast, and I find thoes dive when you do that, and this really stays up top. Maybe if you ripped it under you could get it to submerge more? If they upsized it and made it a musky bait and you blazed it back it would kick up a hell of a ruckus. We'll have to see how the bass respond I guess.
Fancy pack, nice colours, it will sell a few quick and guys will figure it out down south for us by June [-o<
Set hard and set often

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:41 am

BucketHunter wrote:Handled the samples at the show and saw them demonstrated in a tank live. Also caught a video on an Ipad. It was actually alarmingly large in hand for a standard release/non 'swimbait' bass bait. Straight ahead retrieve, not ripped like I thought. Kind of a side to side wiggle, no real wallowing quality at all. The spinning tail only really kicks up a ruckus when fished fairly fast. I wouldn't consider it akin to a standard wake bait unless you really fish em fast, and I find thoes dive when you do that, and this really stays up top. Maybe if you ripped it under you could get it to submerge more? If they upsized it and made it a musky bait and you blazed it back it would kick up a hell of a ruckus. We'll have to see how the bass respond I guess.
Fancy pack, nice colours, it will sell a few quick and guys will figure it out down south for us by June [-o<
Lol, the fancy packages are very cartoonish. I was looking at them at a store that just recently got a shipment of them.
Hurry up down south bassers quickly figure it out for us!

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:08 am

I caught some pond fish recently on the new Jackall Chan Wake and as a wake bait fan, I really like this one. It's easy to slow crawl across the surface and it's large enough to have some drawing power to attract bigger fish. It reminds me of a longer, thinner Deps Buzzjet which is another favorite of mine.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:35 am

bronzefly wrote:I caught some pond fish recently on the new Jackall Chan Wake and as a wake bait fan, I really like this one. It's easy to slow crawl across the surface and it's large enough to have some drawing power to attract bigger fish. It reminds me of a longer, thinner Deps Buzzjet which is another favorite of mine.

Nice nice, I wish they had more color options, I'm thinking maybe bone white or the ghost minnow for me.

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:55 pm

Wow, for a second there i though Jackie Chan is making fishing lures... :doh:

Quillback
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Quillback » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:48 pm

bronzefly wrote:I caught some pond fish recently on the new Jackall Chan Wake and as a wake bait fan, I really like this one. It's easy to slow crawl across the surface and it's large enough to have some drawing power to attract bigger fish. It reminds me of a longer, thinner Deps Buzzjet which is another favorite of mine.
I have one, but have yet to fish it. I like hearing that it will easily slow crawl.

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:03 am

Pen3 wrote:Wow, for a second there i though Jackie Chan is making fishing lures... :doh:

:lol:

Now everytime I see Chan wake, that's what I'll think of...
Jackie Chan wake lure

Quillback
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Quillback » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:25 pm

Fished it for a bit a couple of days ago. It throws well, which you would expect for a bait that weighs 7/8 oz. Has a good rolling wake action, rear prop spins freely. Had a 12" bass grab it. Still a little early for prime top water fishing around here, so I didn't fish it a lot. But, I liked what I saw from it. I might change out the rear treble for a feathered treb.

down4ttown
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by down4ttown » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:11 pm

Reminds me of the ILoud from megabass which is a stud lure. I like Jackall and Megabass so I may grab one just to see how it compares.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:17 pm

down4ttown wrote:Reminds me of the ILoud from megabass which is a stud lure. I like Jackall and Megabass so I may grab one just to see how it compares.

Same here.. I'm wanting for a shootout...
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

down4ttown
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by down4ttown » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:03 pm

goldrod wrote:
down4ttown wrote:Reminds me of the ILoud from megabass which is a stud lure. I like Jackall and Megabass so I may grab one just to see how it compares.

I ordered one. I too want to try and compare them. Never know what subtle nuances there may be that separates them. Exciting times.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:47 pm

down4ttown wrote:
goldrod wrote:

I ordered one. I too want to try and compare them. Never know what subtle nuances there may be that separates them. Exciting times.

please share cause i have 3 Ilouds' and considering iJack so let me know most definitely before I go that route

down4ttown
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by down4ttown » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:53 pm

Yea no problem. I will keep you udpated as soon as I get it in and try it.