Megabass Kanata

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Megabass Kanata

Post by Pen3 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:28 am

I am thinking of picking up 1 or 2 of these soon. Has anyone tried them yet and what gear did you throw these on? I haven't use any jerkbait even remotely close to 1 oz before.

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass Kanata

Post by jerkbait22 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:23 am

I bought one after watching the tacticalbassin video/review of it on youtube. Haven't had a chance to throw it yet with the cold weather we've had in the northeast.

I got it for fishing some places I know have big largemouth and also for fishing over weedbeds in the post spawn and fall.

The tacticalbassin guys said they've heard it's done well with smallmouth despite the size. Hoping to test that out soon.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:44 pm

Its been a VERY strong seller so far. Guys here are using it to rip across and through grass to trigger bites. It was a popular bait on a local power plant lake as well this winter. Local stores sold out a few times.

I need to watch the video by Matt as his are usually excellent. I saw his other jerkbait videos and shot him a heads up about the Kanata. Hopefully he liked it.

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:18 am

Matt said it is one of his top 2 jerkbaits. I think i am going to pick up the MG Western Clown and Matt Tiger soon. I am not really in a hurry since bass season isn't opened here yet.

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:16 am

I should get to test it out on Sunday although water temps by me are still in the 40's so I'm not expecting much (due to it being a floater). I have the PM Kisyu Ayu color which I figured would be a good baby bass or perch imitator. I may end up adding some suspend strips and see how that works.

Where did you see Matt say it's one of his top 2 jerkbaits?

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:42 pm

Maybe not favorite, but one of his recent top 2 pick http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cldy3rgOYe8&t=3m35s

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:36 am

I was able to fish my kanata today. I got 4 bass on it - 2 smallmouth and 2 largemouth. I spent most of the day throwing the vision 110 but pulled out the kanata for about 2 hours at the end of the day. I couldn't get a great look at the action since I was fishing out of my kayak. I could see that when you twitch it and it stops, the head tilts up and it slowly floats up. Kinda cool, could definitely see that converting some followers to bites. I added one suspend strip to slow the float a bit since the water was below 50. I was getting about 6-7 feet out of it on 12lb fluoro. You can just bomb the thing, good asset to have especially on a windy day. Pretty happy with it :mrgreen: