Megabass S Crank 1.2 vs 1.5?

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass S Crank 1.2 vs 1.5?

Post by M Perry » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:52 am

Cracker wrote:Wondering why hardbait manufactures don't make crankbaits in black, black/blue, June Bug colors - staple colors in bassfishing.
I recall I still have Owner crankbait (forgot model name), and it is completely black.
You can get the S Cranks in Deadly Black as well as Purple Wiennie if you want a cool june buggish color. They are JDM colors but any MB dealer should have access to order them.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:46 pm

BTW I have been pushing really hard for the S Crank, Knuckle LD, Diamante, and Pop Max to be released in mat shad pattern. Will know soon if its a go.

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:32 pm

M Perry wrote:BTW I have been pushing really hard for the S Crank, Knuckle LD, Diamante, and Pop Max to be released in mat shad pattern. Will know soon if its a go.
I think I read on another thread that Mat shad is one of your favorite megabass colors. Is that correct?

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:46 pm

jerkbait22 wrote:
M Perry wrote:BTW I have been pushing really hard for the S Crank, Knuckle LD, Diamante, and Pop Max to be released in mat shad pattern. Will know soon if its a go.
I think I read on another thread that Mat shad is one of your favorite megabass colors. Is that correct?
Yes it is. That is why I have been asking for it in other baits. It would look killer and be a killer color on the S Cranks.

slime king
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by slime king » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:46 am

Do you guys tie direct to the nose, use a small snap or add a split ring to the S crank? I just got some the other day and was going to split ring them but thought I would check here first.

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:46 am

slime king wrote:Do you guys tie direct to the nose, use a small snap or add a split ring to the S crank? I just got some the other day and was going to split ring them but thought I would check here first.
I think word is to remove the split ring in cold water for a little less hunting action. Use with a split ring otherwise.

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Randingo » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:55 am

slime king wrote:Do you guys tie direct to the nose, use a small snap or add a split ring to the S crank? I just got some the other day and was going to split ring them but thought I would check here first.
Either a split ring or a snap for me. Probably split rings most of the time, although a snap gives the bait the most freedom to wiggle, but I've never found it makes any difference in my catch. I will say that if you use a split ring, make sure the line doesn't slide to where the ring opens.

slime king
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by slime king » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:22 pm

I couldn't figure out why it didn't come with a split ring? I figured tying direct would hinder the hunting action that you buy these baits for in the first place.