MB Vision 110 jr worth the coin?

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Frosty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

MB Vision 110 jr worth the coin?

Post by Frosty » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:29 am

To me the Vision 110 is the best jerkbait, and it's not even close. The weirdest thing is, despite it's size, it seems to do better for smallmouth than any other jerkbait I've tried to date...

Would love to hear from people who have fished it? And if it works in any situation where the larger 110 doesn't, which to be honest, seems to always work for me.

Farnorth
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: MB Vision 110 jr worth the coin?

Post by Farnorth » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:01 pm

I find the Jr's work better for me than the regular ones all of the time. Just a better match for the bait size where I am I guess.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:08 am

I just ordered some of these.

Inspectorlee
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Inspectorlee » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:34 am

Frosty wrote:Would love to hear from people who have fished it? And if it works in any situation where the larger 110 doesn't, which to be honest, seems to always work for me.
I've used both, and to answer your question, I haven't noticed any situations where the fish stopped biting until I switched to the Jr. or vice versa. The Jr. does seem to have a slightly different action, but not enough to where I would think of it as a completely different lure. Because the Jr.'s I have are different patterns from the regular Vision 110's that I have, that's what determines which one I use, not the size.

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:37 am

Inspectorlee wrote:Because the Jr.'s I have are different patterns from the regular Vision 110's that I have, that's what determines which one I use, not the size.
This echo's my main reasoning for using the 110 vs 110 Jr.

Frosty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Frosty » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:11 am

Inspectorlee wrote:
Frosty wrote:Would love to hear from people who have fished it? And if it works in any situation where the larger 110 doesn't, which to be honest, seems to always work for me.
I've used both, and to answer your question, I haven't noticed any situations where the fish stopped biting until I switched to the Jr. or vice versa. The Jr. does seem to have a slightly different action, but not enough to where I would think of it as a completely different lure. Because the Jr.'s I have are different patterns from the regular Vision 110's that I have, that's what determines which one I use, not the size.
Thanks guys this is kinda what I was thinking. The Vision 110 is inherently more finesse oriented than jerkbaits of similar sizes, and I've caught fish on them pretty much everywhere. I think I may try the slender pointer in the 97 size for my downsized jerkbait.
Last edited by Frosty on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

cumara
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cumara » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:39 am

I've had great success with the 110 Jr., it is definitely worth the coin. Catches everything that swims.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:02 am

Frosty wrote:
Inspectorlee wrote:
Thanks guys this is kinda what I was thinking. The Vision 110 is inherently more finesse oriented than jerkbaits of similar sizes, and I've caught fish on them pretty much everywhere. I think I may try the slender pointer in the 97 size for my downsized jerkbait.
Give the trick darter a shot. I've done well with those using them as a smaller ripbait. Different action than the 110 and suspends well.

Frosty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Frosty » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:10 am

jmb27 wrote:
Frosty wrote:
Inspectorlee wrote:
Give the trick darter a shot. I've done well with those using them as a smaller ripbait. Different action than the 110 and suspends well.
Thanks I'll try one! I bought a Jackall downzido last fall, the action looks superb, tried it once haven't caught anything with it yet lol.

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:09 pm

I have a few of the trick darters and sometimes they will work better than a 110 in slick calm conditions or post frontal. Similar size to pointer 78 but I think they cast better. Since we are on the topic, another smaller jerkbait I would suggest to check out is the OSP Asura.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:15 pm

jerkbait22 wrote:I have a few of the trick darters and sometimes they will work better than a 110 in slick calm conditions or post frontal. Similar size to pointer 78 but I think they cast better. Since we are on the topic, another smaller jerkbait I would suggest to check out is the OSP Asura.
Yes sir.

The trick darter has consistently produced for me this winter. I too have used the OSP Asura some and have been impressed. Just what I needed--another $20 ripbait to get addicted too. :lol:

Frosty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Frosty » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:04 am

jmb27 wrote:
jerkbait22 wrote:I have a few of the trick darters and sometimes they will work better than a 110 in slick calm conditions or post frontal. Similar size to pointer 78 but I think they cast better. Since we are on the topic, another smaller jerkbait I would suggest to check out is the OSP Asura.
Yes sir.

The trick darter has consistently produced for me this winter. I too have used the OSP Asura some and have been impressed. Just what I needed--another $20 ripbait to get addicted too. :lol:
This^^^
Jerkbaits seem like the one lure category where the expensive choices almost always perform better :-({|=

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:21 am

I'll reply against my better judgment. I like the Vision 110, there are times other baits work better in my waters but there are also the days when that is the only bait that gets bit so to me they are worth having. That said, in 2 seasons of using the Jr. model I'm unimpressed, I have out fished it with a Pointer 78 and even the smaller version of the RC STX has done better, every single time we try them side by side. I found they don't suspend as well as the other baits in their size class, they float a little faster than the RC STX and the a lot faster than the Pointer. I can say that my opinion isn't for lack of trying, I've tried to justify the price of the 2 I bought in Ito Natural and Elegy Bone and I ended up trading them over the winter for 2 pointers and 5 RC STX baits so I'm kind of happy. The regular 110 is awesome but to me the jr. isn't worth it, we are using it in smallmouth waters and for some reason they hit the cheap knock-off but don't respond well to the real deal. The only thing we can figure is the faster rise in cold water is causing the fish to turn or just slash at it as the only fish we have been getting are hooked on the outside of the mouth.
Barlow's Tackle

Frosty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Frosty » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:49 pm

smalljaw wrote:I'll reply against my better judgment. I like the Vision 110, there are times other baits work better in my waters but there are also the days when that is the only bait that gets bit so to me they are worth having. That said, in 2 seasons of using the Jr. model I'm unimpressed, I have out fished it with a Pointer 78 and even the smaller version of the RC STX has done better, every single time we try them side by side. I found they don't suspend as well as the other baits in their size class, they float a little faster than the RC STX and the a lot faster than the Pointer. I can say that my opinion isn't for lack of trying, I've tried to justify the price of the 2 I bought in Ito Natural and Elegy Bone and I ended up trading them over the winter for 2 pointers and 5 RC STX baits so I'm kind of happy. The regular 110 is awesome but to me the jr. isn't worth it, we are using it in smallmouth waters and for some reason they hit the cheap knock-off but don't respond well to the real deal. The only thing we can figure is the faster rise in cold water is causing the fish to turn or just slash at it as the only fish we have been getting are hooked on the outside of the mouth.
Thanks for the response! The more experiences the better...I'm being selective on new lures this spring-I always overspend.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:26 pm

Lucky craft IMO is the best jerkbaits available.
The 65 pointer, even being super small is a killer on all species and also catches large fish for its small size.