I have no willpower ...

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

I have no willpower ...

Post by uljersey » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:04 am

Cabela's in beautiful tax free Delaware had their stock of the now discontinued Rapala Clackin Raps marked down to $5.99 ... I love me some lipless cranks so I had to get 'em while I could.

I never got in on the ground floor when they first came out, but I'm guessing the ones with the sureset hooks were first generation ? All of mine are regular round bend trebles. Either way, they seem to be a very well made bait. I even found an old TT bait autopsy article on them that confirmed that.

Now my big stash of discontinued XCalibur lipless baits will have some company on my pegboard 8-)

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: I have no willpower ...

Post by zodiak311 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:30 am

"I have no willpower..."
has pretty much summed me up this holiday season more than ever before. :lol:

FishUSA had a one day 15% discount on all of their lures lawt week. I loaded up on Snap Beans, 1" Rapala Countdowns, Rebel weeny craws, and Bitsy minnows. My UL box is happy, but not my wallet!
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:03 am

zodiak311 wrote:"I have no willpower..."

FishUSA had a one day 15% discount on all of their lures lawt week. I loaded up on Snap Beans, 1" Rapala Countdowns, Rebel weeny craws, and Bitsy minnows. My UL box is happy, but not my wallet!
Fish USA has always been a great place, and one of the best online sources for UL gear.

I had no idea Yo-Zuri brought the Snap Bean out of retirement. If you like the bean, you'll love the Matzuo Nano Crank NC2 model (1" single treble, there is a slightly larger two treble NC3 ) ... I was a huge bean fan, but found them very "fussy" to get to run correctly at times. I fished the Matzuo all last season and it blew the Yo-Zuri away. Ran true on just about every cast and the fish absolutely destroyed it.

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:31 am

uljersey wrote:
zodiak311 wrote:"I have no willpower..."

Fish USA has always been a great place, and one of the best online sources for UL gear.

I had no idea Yo-Zuri brought the Snap Bean out of retirement. If you like the bean, you'll love the Matzuo Nano Crank NC2 model (1" single treble, there is a slightly larger two treble NC3 ) ... I was a huge bean fan, but found them very "fussy" to get to run correctly at times. I fished the Matzuo all last season and it blew the Yo-Zuri away. Ran true on just about every cast and the fish absolutely destroyed it.

I bought those to! Lmao!!! Thanks for the info. Like I said, "I have no will power either..."
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:45 pm

I would have done the exact same. Don't worry! When the Curado 50E was being cleared out for $80 a piece by West Marine I ended up buying a lot......I still have some new in box! When Boca orange seals were half off...I loaded up. I have brand new reels with orange seals...wtf?!?!

dirtygeary
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dirtygeary » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:27 pm

godshippy wrote:I would have done the exact same. Don't worry! When the Curado 50E was being cleared out for $80 a piece by West Marine I ended up buying a lot......I still have some new in box! When Boca orange seals were half off...I loaded up. I have brand new reels with orange seals...wtf?!?!
Jealous!

Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hulkster » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:48 am

the clankin raps are great baits but in my area (Ontario Canada) they are very expensive.

13.99 for the 5/8 oz size and I think 16.99 for the 7/8 size. that is approaching 'live target' prices lol