DUO REALIS JERKBAIT 120SP "SINKING"

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
GMAN
Angler
Angler

DUO REALIS JERKBAIT 120SP "SINKING"

Post by GMAN » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:13 pm

I've been fishing these jerkbaits as soon as they were available years ago and love these things. The new ones that are replacing the older ones I've lost are the issue.. thay sink and I mean sink! The older ones that I have suspend perfectly.

Somewhere along the line something changed.. just before DOU came out with kishida nano coat hooks, I started having issues. All the new ones that I have with nano coat hooks sink like rocks. Tried removing the center hook still sink, tried going to #4 light wire hooks slower but still sinking! these things are pretty much useless!

Some of the 120s I have without the nano coat hooks also sink. I don't know manufacturing date where these things started having issues. how long they sat in inventory somewhere and I bought them. And I'm not talking about one or two " all the new ones" that I have!!! All I know is I cherish the ones that I have that do suspend.

Before anybody says "water temperatures" I can fish my older version of this bait and it's a suspends perfectly and the new one sinks.. side-by-side comparison! I also have a friend and he's having the same issues.

I'm asking you guys if you could check your DUO 120's and see what you come up with and report back!

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: DUO REALIS JERKBAIT 120SP "SINKING"

Post by jerkbait22 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:44 pm

Mine also slowly sink. It's less of an issue when using a hybrid co-polymer than when using straight fluoro.

I've also been having another issue with them. 3 out of 4 casts the front hook will catch the line and snag up. It's really annoying and I basically stopped fishing them this fall for that reason. I didn't seem to have as much of an issue with this when I was using straight fluoro so maybe I'll have to go back.