Lucky Craft Classical Leader 55SSR Crankbait

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
BassFisher83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Lucky Craft Classical Leader 55SSR Crankbait

Post by BassFisher83 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:58 pm

Looks like these are a older bait in Japan at least. First I am seeing of the (saw on TW the other day). Anyone thrown these at all? http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Lucky_Cr ... CLSSR.html

I love Manns -1 for over lily pads and grass. Any input would be appreciated.

BassFisher83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Lucky Craft Classical Leader 55SSR Crankbait

Post by BassFisher83 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:44 pm

I bought a few and will report back.

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by earthworm77 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:00 pm

It is a nice little bait, I am big into the lighter LC stuff and lots of the JDM LC stuff. If you can't find it, the Bevy Crank is close to it. I can tell you the Bevy is a killer. Also LC baits like the Clutch, Bevy Shad, Cra Pea(really small) and LVR mini should get a look, they are all 55mm and under.

Snidley
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Snidley » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:08 am

I have both the Bevy crank, very small bait, and the Classic Leader. The Leader is a very nice , classic plastic bait similar in the SSR to a Rapala Fat Rap SSR. There is also a shallow and deep diving version of the Classic plus a bone plastic version that's quite pricey. The Bevy crank comes in a shallow and a diver. I've caught some nice fish with both lures including a 6lb smallmouth in a spot my buddy and I thought only held largemouth and Pike. It was on the first cast to boot. I tend to use the Bevy Crank early in the season for steelhead and river smallmouths where it works well.