Loud Topwater Walkers

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Loud Topwater Walkers

Post by Jeffbro999 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:13 am

I throw topwater all summer long for saltwater fish, and am looking for some new ones to try. Fishing in windy conditions with waves breaking calls for something loud that will call them to it. Spook Jr. in Bone is usually my goto since the noise is perfect(can hear it on a long cast)but casting into the wind could be better. Been fishing the Sammy 105 lately, and it's perfect for calmer conditions, but that 1-knock isn't quite loud enough when the wind starts blowing. Looking for suggestions in the 1/2oz range. Been looking at the Jackall Bonnie and Paycheck Repo Man L.P. but have no idea how loud either is. Any other suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Loud Topwater Walkers

Post by jerkbait22 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:54 am

It's 1oz but check out the Imakatsu Trairao. The one knocker is very loud; I've had some explosive strikes on it but usually do better on more subtle topwater lures in the clear reservoirs I fish.

At just over 1/2oz you have the Evergreen Shower Blows Shorty (105 size). No rattles but it will spray water with the cupped mouth and I've caught some really nice fish with it in windy/choppy conditions.

Haven't fished it but you also have the 3/4oz Megabass Diamante that has a version with rattles. Been thinking about getting one

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:51 pm

The Ima Roumba is obnoxiously loud.

JWY
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by JWY » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:10 pm

Not exactly a walker but Deps Buzz Jet and its Jr. version is great fun to fish on saltwater flats. The original size is quite chunk so I tend to go for the Jr. version more often, esp. during day time fishing.Slow twitch it on semi-slack line can produce a rather jerky walking action.

Phantasy_Fishing
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Phantasy_Fishing » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:07 am

Jackall Bowstick. It's loud, walks great, and is still effective in windy conditions.

Strewth
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Strewth » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:20 am

Yo-Zuri sashimi. Super loud, a great walker, casts a mile and perfect for your conditions.

SLM
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SLM » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:49 am

To my ears, the Rapala Skitter Walk is much louder than the equivalent-sized Super Spook Jr you referenced as your go-to walking bait...

NormanD
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by NormanD » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:14 am

I don't fish this lure, but have heard many times that the Mirrolure She Dog or She Pup in the size you are talking about is the loudest top water lure out there.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:43 am

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I own a few of the baits mentioned, and use them often for bass fishing, but didn't really think of using them in the salt because of their size. Showerblows, Bowstick, Roumba and Buzzjet are all awesome bass catchers, so I guess I'll have to try them for speckled trout and redfish. Love some Skitterwalks for calm conditions, but they tend to nosedive through the waves when it is rough. Very nice knock to them though. Jackall Bonnie's have been some nice topwaters. Very loud and work well with a fast walking retrieve. Gonna order some YoZuris and some Mirrolures and see how that goes. Appreciate all the comments, and any more suggestions are always welcome!

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:31 pm

My SB 105 has a loud tungsten knocker that I can clearly hear at the end of the ridiculous cast I make with it. A lot of times it gets smacked the moment it touches down, too. Plus, you won't find a better gill finish.

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:53 am

The Yo-Zuri 3DB Pencil is loud, the skitter walk is louder but the pencil has a better walk and the sound is loud enough to attract deep fish as well as those in dirty water.

paulito
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by paulito » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:22 am

The evergreen showerblows 7/8oz has great drawing power. Its the topwater i use when i determined to use topwater even with realllll choppy water.

The jackall bonnie is also a very loud bait. Comparable to the spook. The bonnie is a favorite for serious saltwater fisherman here in san diego.

the hooligan
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by the hooligan » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:42 am

Get yourself a Zip Baits Irony, its a loud mofo and walks great :big grin:

socal cranker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by socal cranker » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:41 am

Specialty Baits Z-claw. They make a loud one knocker and a multi-rattle version. Unique semi subsurface walk. Killer bait

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:35 am

Thanks for the suggestions. The YoZuri has been a great lure. Only used it a couple times but casts well and is pretty loud. That ZipBaits looks really nice, watched a couple videos on it and it has a nice wide walk. Will be picking one up soon. Just bought the new Rapala Skitter V and it has the same loud knock of the Skitterwalk, and should walk easily. Haven't used it yet because of all the floating grass, but will definitely try it next time along with the SB 105.

Here's a picture of how chopped up and rough it can get. The big trout set up and ambush bait right where the waves start breaking.