Loud Topwater Walkers

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
NormanD
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Loud Topwater Walkers

Post by NormanD » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:46 am

I thought I was the only one who would throw topwater in those conditions. Have you tried swapping out the trebles to inline singles. It helps a lot with the grass. Always enjoy your posts.

silversix
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by silversix » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:34 am

The loudest i own.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:45 am

NormanD wrote:I thought I was the only one who would throw topwater in those conditions. Have you tried swapping out the trebles to inline singles. It helps a lot with the grass. Always enjoy your posts.
Tough conditions usually lead to some incredible fishing! Glad to hear I'm not the only one that takes advantage of it. Something loud making commotion on the surface when it is rough is like ringing the dinner bell!

Thanks for the advice, I'm gonna give that a try. I've been throwing some of the new Rapala lipless twitchbaits that come with single hooks, and hookups have been perfect. Hopefully they work as well on top. Thanks a lot.

Strewth
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Strewth » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:17 pm

NormanD wrote:I thought I was the only one who would throw topwater in those conditions. Have you tried swapping out the trebles to inline singles. It helps a lot with the grass. Always enjoy your posts.
Ditto. The VMC 7266 are great single lure hooks for this purpose. Landed a 2m Spanish Mackerel on the 2/0 size.

Bretts_daddy
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Bretts_daddy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:31 pm

I know they're not walkers technically but if you're looking for a loud top water lure for choppy conditions I would highly recommend the River2sea Whopper Plopper in either the 90 or 130 size and the Jackall Pompadour in the Junior and Regular size. These lures are good quality, a lot of fun and more importantly make A LOT of noise on the water.

Deaknh
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Deaknh » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:42 am

silversix wrote:Image

The loudest i own.
yep, those are super loud.