Best Lipless Crankbait

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
User avatar
BRONZEBACK32
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1105
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:44 pm
Location: Utah

Re: Best Lipless Crankbait

Postby BRONZEBACK32 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:38 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:I still think Yo Zuri rattlin vibes and Spro Aruku shads are productive winners, but I've been stocking up on Jackall TN full tungsten, disk knockers, and skull shells. The color patterns are to much for me to resist. I also have some Jackall TN slim 8s coming.


Have you tried the TN slim 80's yet?

User avatar
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4714
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: Best Lipless Crankbait

Postby Hogsticker2 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:51 pm

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:I still think Yo Zuri rattlin vibes and Spro Aruku shads are productive winners, but I've been stocking up on Jackall TN full tungsten, disk knockers, and skull shells. The color patterns are to much for me to resist. I also have some Jackall TN slim 8s coming.


Have you tried the TN slim 80's yet?

Yep. Also donated one of them to my local waters brush piles. Nice baits for sure. I'll be keeping them in the rotation. Little different look from the standard fair.

Dug
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:02 pm

Re: Best Lipless Crankbait

Postby Dug » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:12 am

poisonokie wrote:
uljersey wrote:
Dug wrote:Yozuri Hardcore Drum in Painted Shad has been my favorite and most effective lipless crankbait for years. Unfortunately and I don't know why, Yo-Zuri discontinued them and Now I see one occasionally on Ebay but never the painted shad.

Image

Dug


Yo Zuri has a knack for killing off good baits suddenly with no explanation as to why. What's worse is I've seen at least 2 instances of them bringing back a discontinued bait from the dead (L Minnow & the Snap Bean) at a noticeably lower level of quality ](*,)


I think Yo-Zuri are grossly underrated. Maybe things just don't sell enough to be profitable given the quality they put into them.


I think that these have been resurrected as the Duel HARDCORE® VIBE 70S with minor modifications. . Hard to tell without having one in hand, but if so it makes me a happy angler. The length and weight are nearly identical.

Image
http://www.duel.co.jp/english/products/hardcore-vibe-70s

DirtyD64
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 636
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Best Lipless Crankbait

Postby DirtyD64 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:50 am

Had not seen it yet mentioned, but I do okay with the smaller Rapala Rippin Rap lures. I also have a Clown colored Owner Cultiva Mira Vibe that I like. Bought it for like $2 from TW on clearance, been a good lure, the 2X owner hooks on it were worth the price...

User avatar
BRONZEBACK32
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1105
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:44 pm
Location: Utah

Re: Best Lipless Crankbait

Postby BRONZEBACK32 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:38 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:Yep. Also donated one of them to my local waters brush piles. Nice baits for sure. I'll be keeping them in the rotation. Little different look from the standard fair.


Nice, I been thinking about ordering a few.

User avatar
BRONZEBACK32
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1105
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:44 pm
Location: Utah

Re: Best Lipless Crankbait

Postby BRONZEBACK32 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:40 am

Jackall TN
YoZuri Rattl'n vibe
SK red eye shad
Spro Aruku shad jr

These are my most used..

User avatar
poisonokie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 423
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:34 pm
Location: NW OKC OK USA

Re: Best Lipless Crankbait

Postby poisonokie » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:17 pm

Dug wrote:
poisonokie wrote:
uljersey wrote:
Dug wrote:Yozuri Hardcore Drum in Painted Shad has been my favorite and most effective lipless crankbait for years. Unfortunately and I don't know why, Yo-Zuri discontinued them and Now I see one occasionally on Ebay but never the painted shad.

Image

Dug


Yo Zuri has a knack for killing off good baits suddenly with no explanation as to why. What's worse is I've seen at least 2 instances of them bringing back a discontinued bait from the dead (L Minnow & the Snap Bean) at a noticeably lower level of quality ](*,)


I think Yo-Zuri are grossly underrated. Maybe things just don't sell enough to be profitable given the quality they put into them.


I think that these have been resurrected as the Duel HARDCORE® VIBE 70S with minor modifications. . Hard to tell without having one in hand, but if so it makes me a happy angler. The length and weight are nearly identical.

Image
http://www.duel.co.jp/english/products/hardcore-vibe-70s


Sure looks that way! Keen eye...
Cast baits, not doubts.

User avatar
Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1580
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:59 am
Location: Northeast

Re: Best Lipless Crankbait

Postby Big-Bass » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:31 pm

I loved the Yo-Zuri Drum and also have one in Painted Shad! On a side note, BPS has a knock off of the Drum that sells for next to nothing and while the rattles are a little different, it's a great bait!

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-X ... extensions

User avatar
BRONZEBACK32
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1105
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:44 pm
Location: Utah

Re: Best Lipless Crankbait

Postby BRONZEBACK32 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:48 am

This is one of the things from Icast that I'm super excited about...new colors :big grin:

Image

User avatar
mcfishing620
Angler
Angler
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:07 am
Location: Kansas

Re: Best Lipless Crankbait

Postby mcfishing620 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:23 pm

Xcalibur XR50 in chrome/black

They are discontinued, but can still find them on eBay. I've caught 8 or 9 different species of fish on them, and I have 100% confidence in them at all times for bass. Ponds, lakes, shallow, deep, clear, murky, they will work. I troll with them a lot too when searching open water.
My go to...
Shimano Antares 12 / 7' St Croix Legend Tournament Bass / Xcalibur XKR50 chrome/black

User avatar
mcfishing620
Angler
Angler
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:07 am
Location: Kansas

Re: Best Lipless Crankbait

Postby mcfishing620 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:24 pm

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:This is one of the things from Icast that I'm super excited about...new colors :big grin:

Image


What are these?
My go to...
Shimano Antares 12 / 7' St Croix Legend Tournament Bass / Xcalibur XKR50 chrome/black

User avatar
mcfishing620
Angler
Angler
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:07 am
Location: Kansas

Re: Best Lipless Crankbait

Postby mcfishing620 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:28 pm

MaxZmus wrote:Pradco made a huge mistake when they discontinued the one knocker series. The original chrome xrk50 was my favorite lipless. Also best bang for the buck too at only $6.99


Yeah they need to look on eBay and see what those are selling for. I bought about 30 in black/chrome and citrus shad when TW had them in stock before they sold out. Best lure I've ever used.
My go to...
Shimano Antares 12 / 7' St Croix Legend Tournament Bass / Xcalibur XKR50 chrome/black

User avatar
BRONZEBACK32
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1105
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:44 pm
Location: Utah

Re: Best Lipless Crankbait

Postby BRONZEBACK32 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:00 am

mcfishing620 wrote:
BRONZEBACK32 wrote:This is one of the things from Icast that I'm super excited about...new colors :big grin:

Image


What are these?


Jackal TN series in new colors

http://tackletour.com/reviewicast17-jackall.html

User avatar
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4714
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: Best Lipless Crankbait

Postby Hogsticker2 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:00 pm

I can't say it catches any more fish, but it sure is a neat, fun, loud and unique bait.
Imakatsu Cracker Craw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WomGTossuNU

User avatar
BRONZEBACK32
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1105
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:44 pm
Location: Utah

Re: Best Lipless Crankbait

Postby BRONZEBACK32 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:39 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Imakatsu Cracker Craw


Thats racist :big grin:


Return to “Hardbaits”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests