Best Lipless Crankbait

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
tioke
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Best Lipless Crankbait

Post by tioke » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:42 am

DUO realis vib 52 or 62

bigfruits
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bigfruits » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:05 am

SK Red Eye and RatLTrap are great for the price.

I used Jackall lipless a lot last year. I cant say they are better however.

Dug
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Dug » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:48 pm

Yozuri Hardcore Drum in Painted Shad has been my favorite and most effective lipless crankbait for years. Unfortunately and I don't know why, Yo-Zuri discontinued them and Now I see one occasionally on Ebay but never the painted shad.

Dug

DougL58
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by DougL58 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:47 am

fshn4lmt wrote:Yozuri rattlin vibe.5/8 oz,change the hooks........nothing comes close.
This was my top trap. I fish Arizona year round and catch fish on traps all the time. Now I have gone to the Megabass vibration x. Dad says I'm nuts to pay $20+ for a bait, but after out fishing 8 to 1, he's convinced.

I use a lot of Megabass lures now. They do really seem to perform better. I spend time retrieving them as well. I've returned to a spot a year later where I lost a lure to retrieve it when the water is down.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:52 am

I still think Yo Zuri rattlin vibes and Spro Aruku shads are productive winners, but I've been stocking up on Jackall TN full tungsten, disk knockers, and skull shells. The color patterns are to much for me to resist. I also have some Jackall TN slim 8s coming.

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:09 am

DougL58 wrote:
fshn4lmt wrote:Yozuri rattlin vibe.5/8 oz,change the hooks........nothing comes close.
This was my top trap. I fish Arizona year round and catch fish on traps all the time. Now I have gone to the Megabass vibration x. Dad says I'm nuts to pay $20+ for a bait, but after out fishing 8 to 1, he's convinced.

I use a lot of Megabass lures now. They do really seem to perform better. I spend time retrieving them as well. I've returned to a spot a year later where I lost a lure to retrieve it when the water is down.
Doug which model vibration x are you throwing? Also what colors have been most successful for you? I'm going to pick one or two up. I'm fishing mostly clear and semi stained reservoirs in the northeast for smallmouth and largemouth. I got one of the LV500 to try this year but I'll pick up one or two of the vibration x as well.

For me I've had the best luck on the red eye shad because that's the rattle bait I've thrown the most.

Bronzeback91
Angler
Angler

Post by Bronzeback91 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:53 am

As this is my first post since being on here, and since it's a post about my favorite bait to throw, I figured perfect! Saying I'm addicted to a trap bite is an understatement. I love, love , love throwing them. Seems like when I first started using traps, it was with a strike king red eye shad. Gold and black was definitely my most productive color finding I can catch fish on that just about anywhere I go. And now they have the tungsten 2 tap , and that is money for sure. Have used the storm traps and I think those work pretty well. And now I seem to be spending more and more on the hard to find lv100 :D

DougL58
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by DougL58 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:29 am

jerkbait22 wrote: Doug which model vibration x are you throwing? Also what colors have been most successful for you? I'm going to pick one or two up. I'm fishing mostly clear and semi stained reservoirs in the northeast for smallmouth and largemouth. I got one of the LV500 to try this year but I'll pick up one or two of the vibration x as well.

For me I've had the best luck on the red eye shad because that's the rattle bait I've thrown the most.
The Megabass vibration-x ultra ito tennessee shad is the best color I have found but this color has not been made for many years. It has a clear belly with beads, some red.

I picked up a batch used from Japan a year ago.

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:25 am

Dug wrote:Yozuri Hardcore Drum in Painted Shad has been my favorite and most effective lipless crankbait for years. Unfortunately and I don't know why, Yo-Zuri discontinued them and Now I see one occasionally on Ebay but never the painted shad.

Dug
Yo Zuri has a knack for killing off good baits suddenly with no explanation as to why. What's worse is I've seen at least 2 instances of them bringing back a discontinued bait from the dead (L Minnow & the Snap Bean) at a noticeably lower level of quality ](*,)

gailt
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by gailt » Fri May 05, 2017 12:26 pm

Rattle trap,and aruku shad,I will try the Excilabur .

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri May 05, 2017 10:07 pm

uljersey wrote:While going through my old stash, I came up with a Fire Tiger 2 1/2" Cotton Cordell Super Spot. I looked up some reviews - mostly all positive. I put a fresh set of hooks and split rings on it. Hmmmmm .... a sub $4.00 bait that could very well end up being THE sleeper lipless in my rotation ? I love a good underdog story 8-)

I have two of them and I put some kvd hooks on mine. They will caught fish and the hooks will hold them. I do use the orval split rings at the line tie. I'm pretty sure I have the 1/2 oz ones too
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Kravetz
Angler
Angler

Post by Kravetz » Thu May 11, 2017 9:07 am

Rattlin' vibe swapped out with vmc single crank hooks

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri May 12, 2017 9:19 am

KlingerNOK wrote:I fish traps year round and the best I've found is the YoZuri Rattlin Vibe.
A distant second would be the Redeye Shad.
Definitely. You can even dead stick those. I put a feathered treble on mine and let it sit before ripping it. It sits nose down and that feather dares em. I like a mh/f with 12# fluoro for this. As for changing the belly hook, I don't think that's necessary right out of the box. The stock ones are good quality and very sharp.
Last edited by poisonokie on Fri May 12, 2017 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is the way.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri May 12, 2017 9:22 am

uljersey wrote:
Dug wrote:Yozuri Hardcore Drum in Painted Shad has been my favorite and most effective lipless crankbait for years. Unfortunately and I don't know why, Yo-Zuri discontinued them and Now I see one occasionally on Ebay but never the painted shad.

Dug
Yo Zuri has a knack for killing off good baits suddenly with no explanation as to why. What's worse is I've seen at least 2 instances of them bringing back a discontinued bait from the dead (L Minnow & the Snap Bean) at a noticeably lower level of quality ](*,)
I think Yo-Zuri are grossly underrated. Maybe things just don't sell enough to be profitable given the quality they put into them.
This is the way.

Beboson
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Beboson » Fri May 12, 2017 3:05 pm

1.Rattln Vibe 5/8 Yo-zuri
2. Xrk 50 Xcalibur/Booyah
3. Rippin Rap 7 Rapala
Top 3 for me