small jerkbaits

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
timsford
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: small jerkbaits

Post by timsford » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:55 am

Im using these to imitate chubs, shiners, and other small forage fish. And also suspending jerks work year round, especially when you are fishing a tailwater that has cool or cold water even when its 100 degrees out. I like the smaller size jerks so i can catch brown trout, finicky walleye, crappie, and smallmouth. The bonus is largemouth, hybrids, stripers, and catfish. I think its so much fun because you never know if its a 20 inch brown or a 12 lb striper when you set the hook. I normally use 3-5 inch jerks but when the bite is tough and the water is low and clear and the sun is high

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:11 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:River2sea Humbug minnow 65s and 65f. 2 5/8", 1/4 Oz. Casts like a bullet, dives about 18", and drives smallmouth bananas. Very erratic, spastic bait. I've caught so many trout long line trolling these too. The thing moves around so much in the water fish will sometimes miss it, but they most always come back. Not a subtle bait by any means. Goldfish is my best color. Kinda my secret jerkbait, failsafe lure.
Just bought 6 of these in "65f bozo" after reading your post. They were 2usd a piece at River2Sea USA.
I own so many jerkbaits and crankbaits but rarely use them. I used x-raps in NC and caught some LM bass on them but cannot say I have a favourite - perhaps the Nils Master jerkbaits. In Denmark I just catch more large trout using mepps-style spinners... Sadly, we do not have any bass (except the seabass).

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by slipperybob » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:04 pm

Like them

Yozuri pins and 3ds
Owner 65 and 70 rip n minnow
Salmo stinger

timsford
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timsford » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:15 pm

I really like the 3ds minnow by yo zuri. Ill have to try some of the salmo herks next time i make an order

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:17 pm

Dalleinf wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:River2sea Humbug minnow 65s and 65f. 2 5/8", 1/4 Oz. Casts like a bullet, dives about 18", and drives smallmouth bananas. Very erratic, spastic bait. I've caught so many trout long line trolling these too. The thing moves around so much in the water fish will sometimes miss it, but they most always come back. Not a subtle bait by any means. Goldfish is my best color. Kinda my secret jerkbait, failsafe lure.
Just bought 6 of these in "65f bozo" after reading your post. They were 2usd a piece at River2Sea USA.
I own so many jerkbaits and crankbaits but rarely use them. I used x-raps in NC and caught some LM bass on them but cannot say I have a favourite - perhaps the Nils Master jerkbaits. In Denmark I just catch more large trout using mepps-style spinners... Sadly, we do not have any bass (except the seabass).
I've caught countless trout on a Humbug minnow including my personal best German Brown, 9.2 lbs. Good ole Rock Lake, late March 2013. Let me know what you think after some time and use.

Fishinfanatic115
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fishinfanatic115 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:47 pm

Duo Realis Minnow 80sp. A bit over the 3" mark, but it's super slim which makes up for it. Works wonders on river smallmouth and I've gotten a few swipes from trout on it as well. Nice darting action.

Phantasy_Fishing
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Phantasy_Fishing » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:35 am

I just used the Duo Realis Rozante 63sp for the first time this past weekend. It darts okay but it rolls very well which gives off a lot of flash. As previously stated from an earlier post, it is a slow floater. Mine did not suspend. Nevertheless, it is a nice little lure, I like it a lot!

As of this moment, there are a few elusive discontinued yo-zuri arms minnow on ebay. If you are a fan of those lures, better snatched them up before they are gone!

Loafer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Loafer » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:55 am

Surfing across the expanses of the Internet, I saw these kids: 50 mm, 4 gr. It is a pity that I did not use such small bait.