Have y'all seen these?

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Have y'all seen these?

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:54 am

Wow, looks like a potential game changer for fishing heavy vegetation...can't wait to try some of these in my local waters. If you want to find some yourself, it appears they are not yet marketed in the U.S., but can be found from tackle dealers abroad.
Image being billed as the worlds first truly weedless hard bait!
Last edited by CALL ME RIFLE on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Have y'all seen these?

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:58 am

Lets try a different angle on that pic so it isn't cut off...that's better

Congoman775
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Congoman775 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:54 am

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:30 pm

Good find on the video, that does look sweet in the water....I have a lake up here full of hydrilla that I think these will be very effective at...hope so, as I ordered 17 of em

Toadslayer72
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Toadslayer72 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:36 am

Cool looking idea and bait. As far as the vid, wtf with not showing a weedless bait coming through at least some kind of weeds, brush, laydowns or something?

legendaryyaj
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by legendaryyaj » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:57 am

Toadslayer72 wrote:Cool looking idea and bait. As far as the vid, wtf with not showing a weedless bait coming through at least some kind of weeds, brush, laydowns or something?
lol! Right!

Lets do a demo video of a weedless bait in no weeds. :doh:

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:15 am

Toadslayer72 wrote:Cool looking idea and bait. As far as the vid, wtf with not showing a weedless bait coming through at least some kind of weeds, brush, laydowns or something?
Agreed....you would think, right? Additionally one would think they'd have some footage of a fish blowing up on the lure as well, but.....nonetheless, I do believe they are going to be pretty awesome. I'll test em out here soon enough~

vinnieb729
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by vinnieb729 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:32 am

Reminds me a bit of the Norman ScorpioN.
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Bill_Nor ... NSLLC.html

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:49 am

Don't know how weedless, yet; but looks interesting. Worth a try.

Garfisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Garfisher » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:08 pm

I have fished them, and while I haven't caught anything yet on one, here are my thoughts so far which may help:
- there's a certain retrieve speed needed to get the lure to wobble, which is about 2' per second to get a slight wobble. The faster you reel the more pronounced the wobble. I don't think I've managed to get it to blow out if the lure is clean.
- it's about as weedless as a weedless spoon. It'll go through lily pads/water shield nicely if they are somewhat sparse. Tapegrass will always seem to grab the hook and a strand or two will stay on. If you get into a weedclump you just need to rip the lure, it'll usually come out clean or with maybe a little piece of something. It is certainly more weedless than a regular crankbait

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:27 pm

Garfisher wrote:I have fished them, and while I haven't caught anything yet on one, here are my thoughts so far which may help:
- there's a certain retrieve speed needed to get the lure to wobble, which is about 2' per second to get a slight wobble. The faster you reel the more pronounced the wobble. I don't think I've managed to get it to blow out if the lure is clean.
- it's about as weedless as a weedless spoon. It'll go through lily pads/water shield nicely if they are somewhat sparse. Tapegrass will always seem to grab the hook and a strand or two will stay on. If you get into a weedclump you just need to rip the lure, it'll usually come out clean or with maybe a little piece of something. It is certainly more weedless than a regular crankbait
Thanks for the first hand info, Garfisher

jeff h
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jeff h » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:42 am

Interesting. I had never seen these until now. :oops: