Favorite jerkbaits?

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
stratos20
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Favorite jerkbaits?

Post by stratos20 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:30 am

Which jerkbait and color would be good for lake eufuala ala over hydrilla in 6-9 foot of water? or your favorite all around jerkbait?

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Favorite jerkbaits?

Post by smalljaw » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:15 pm

I can't help with being lake specific but if I was on a lake and the conditions were good for a suspending jerkbait then there are a few options but if I have to have the bait suspend at around 6' it would be the new Smithwick Perfect 10 Rogue in Ayu or if I needed a smaller profile the Smithwick Super Rogue Jr. in chrome with black back. The reason is the Super Rogue Jr. does actually get down to 6' on 10# line and it a tad over 4" where the Perfect 10 can get deeper but it is a larger bait, the most important thing is the Rogue baits all have the same action no matter the depth. Some baits, like the Rapala X-Rap, have a different action when you use a deep diving model, sometimes it is good, sometimes not so good so I go with what I know is good. The other bait I would use is the Ima Flit 120 in chartreuse shad or ghost minnow, and if there are smallmouth present then no matter what jerkbait I'm using, I'm going to have a clown pattern tied on, that color out produces any other colors when it comes to smallmouth for some reason. These are suggestions based off of depth, they are not my favorite jerkbaits but they are really good for deeper presentations, I use a lot of different jerkbaits and I have favorites based on whether I'm fishing for largemouth, smallmouth, or if I'm fishing a river or a lake, but every jerkbait is good, you just have to know which set of conditions is best for a certain bait.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:57 am

Chartreuse shad Pointer, either 78sp or 95 silent, work very well on Seminole(just down river from Eufala). Any of the shad colors work well. Also like the Squad Minnow in their sexy shad and chartruese shad.These colors have worked well for me on a lot of different lakes in clear to stained water.I like ghost minnow to when in Spring Creek in gin clear water where you can see 30 feet down.Hope that helps

crankmaniac
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by crankmaniac » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:04 am

I am from Canada so i dont known this lake but for an all around jerkbait my choice is the Lucky craft slender pointer 112mr, this jerkbait is at home in those depths of water and for me this jerkbait work everywhere i go for both largemouth and smallmouth. :big grin:

stratos20
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by stratos20 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:34 am

thanks for the info guys tackle warehouse order is submitted