Paycheck transporter frog

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
PittsBoy
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Paycheck transporter frog

Post by PittsBoy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:02 pm

What do you guys think about Paycheck frogs? What's your fav' colors?
http://1world2fish.wordpress.com/

cjtoad
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Paycheck transporter frog

Post by cjtoad » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:37 pm

As of last year it's my favorite frog on the market. There super easy to walk and I got great hook ups all year on them. Braid Breaker and I Dare You were my best two colors, but I did catch fish on Rod Breaker and Broken Arm to. Make sure you superglue the weight in as they tend to fall out after a dozen or so fish. If I glued them in real good I was catching 40 to 50 fish per bait last year.

team510
Angler
Angler

Post by team510 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:06 am

love mine! all colors work just depends on conditions!

first time i used this frog was on a small body of water i never fished, 10 fish 5+ pounders in less than 20min! 100% hook up ratio!

EJP1234
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by EJP1234 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:49 am

It's a popping swamp donkey, and I love it!

However... some of the frogs, for some odd reason sink immediatley. I sent a few back to them to analyze, and the replacements they sent me did the same darn thing... I havent figured out why some do and some don't... but... I still throw the crap out of them, and the ones that work good are by far my go to baits. Sometimes the fish prefer a more subtle frog like a donkey with no pop, but when they are ultra aggressive they get the transporter.

bigswaim
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bigswaim » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:51 pm

I'd like to pick one up once they start eating the frog again. I love the Swamp Donkey.
http://alliwantisbass.blogspot.com/

pharmboy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by pharmboy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:03 pm

I have 4 transporters. 3 of them fill with water every cast and sink.......not conducive to fish catching. the other one pops and walks great, but only seems to catch fish when they are ultra aggressive and would hit anything floating&moving. I will not buy any more until I hear of a redesign with positive reviews.

Shimano-Or-Nothing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Shimano-Or-Nothing » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:09 pm

When it floats it has some pretty sweet action. But, it only floats half way through a retrieve.