Traditional rattles or One knocker for grass

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
set_the_hook
Angler
Angler

Traditional rattles or One knocker for grass

Post by set_the_hook » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:39 pm

For shallow cranking over grass has anyone had better luck with a knocker type rattle over the regular rattles?

crankmaniac
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Traditional rattles or One knocker for grass

Post by crankmaniac » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:48 pm

Both can be good, in dirty water or windy days i like the rattle version especially for smallmouth =D> and in clear water and slick days i prefer the one knocker or silent version \:D/ .But if i have to choose only one version to fish in any condition it will certainly be the one knocker :D , i like this sound in a crankbait and it seem to work anywere i fish for both smallmouth and largemouth. :big grin: Sometimes i believe the biggess difference it make is in the fisherman head , not the bass head. :-#

JLP
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by JLP » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:54 am

You have to let the bass tell you which one. Sometimes silent works better.

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:21 am

I like one knockers. They seem to work more for me in the shallow grassy areas. I also like ripping one knockers with traps through grass too. ;)
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:58 pm

crankmaniac wrote:Both can be good, in dirty water or windy days i like the rattle version especially for smallmouth =D> and in clear water and slick days i prefer the one knocker or silent version \:D/ .But if i have to choose only one version to fish in any condition it will certainly be the one knocker :D , i like this sound in a crankbait and it seem to work anywere i fish for both smallmouth and largemouth. :big grin: Sometimes i believe the biggess difference it make is in the fisherman head , not the bass head. :-#

I'm with Crankmaniac 100% on this. I have found smallies respond to bright colors and noise much more than largemouths, the only exception to this is gin clear water. With rattle baits I like the original rattle trap, that is my favorite although I am going to tyr the new rippin rap, it looks to have potential. The one knockers I like the Xcalibur but the Rapala Clackin Rap is my favorite, gold or silver clackin raps in clear water aound the 52 degree mark will make anyone love them!
Barlow's Tackle

NJ Jigman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NJ Jigman » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:12 am

silent in clear/stained water and knocker when it gets a quite stained

basspoundermatt
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by basspoundermatt » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:39 pm

I never believed in the one knockers til my last tourney. I was throwing the crap out of my traps and then my buddy came through with his one knocker and whacked them. I got one off him and caught them the rest of the day