Who fish the lucky craft rcwk?

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
crankmaniac
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Who fish the lucky craft rcwk?

Post by crankmaniac » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:06 pm

Like my name said i am a crank maniac :lol: but believe it or not i never try [-X the lucky craft rcWK and i want to known for those who try this lure, if you like the action and the difference between the rcwk(jointed) and a standard straight wake bait and the size that you prefer. :? Thank you in advance.

smalliesteve
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Who fish the lucky craft rcwk?

Post by smalliesteve » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:37 am

I use the 1.5 all the time for creek smallies. absolute blast. I think the RCWK wake easier than other baits. ie other baits i've tried (manns, R2S, bandit) tend to dive more than the LC.

You may want a larger size for how you fish. In case you didn't know this already BPS has them on sale for $10 right now. my 1st choice is ghost minnow.

crankmaniac
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by crankmaniac » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:09 pm

smalliesteve wrote:I use the 1.5 all the time for creek smallies. absolute blast. I think the RCWK wake easier than other baits. ie other baits i've tried (manns, R2S, bandit) tend to dive more than the LC.

You may want a larger size for how you fish. In case you didn't know this already BPS has them on sale for $10 right now. my 1st choice is ghost minnow.
Thank you for the information. :)

JLP
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by JLP » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:36 pm

RC wake 3.5 for delta largemouth. I'm going to try them on Clear Lake next.

l2yan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by l2yan » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:57 pm

I LOVE the 1.5 in ghost minnow for clear water smallies! It's almost the only small topwater I throw these days it works so well. I like to tie on a nice bucktail teaser onto the rear treble. Btw, for some reason I have the darnest problem losing the eyes on my lucky crafts... everything from this wake bait to a few different pointers to my rc .5's. I am almost to the point of just removing the stock eyes with a knife and fixing them on myself as I do my swim jigs..
www.BigSmallieTackle.com
www.HeroesOnTheWater.org

smalliesteve
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by smalliesteve » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:05 pm

haven't had any issues with the eyes...maybe I don't fish enough. :idea:

Sean T York PA
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Sean T York PA » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:21 pm

I custom paint some of my baits so I always have extra eyes lying around. I put em on with a lil epoxy I use to seal my paint jobs. I have also lost eyes on my lucky crafts. I also reseal my American Shad colors with a quick did in clear super gloss polyurethane. Sounds weird but it dries clear enough and protects the finish.
Pro Staff HawgheadBaits