Zip Baits Orbit 110 - Anyone fish this bait?

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Zip Baits Orbit 110 - Anyone fish this bait?

Post by jerkbait22 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:21 pm

Thinking of picking up a few if tackle warehouse ever gets them back in stock. Anyone have an opinion of this bait, or any other Zip baits for that matter?

Thanks
Mike

SHRIMPER
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Zip Baits Orbit 110 - Anyone fish this bait?

Post by SHRIMPER » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:07 pm

Mike, I used the Orbit 110 & Orbit 80 throughout the summer. It's my new favorite jerkbait.

It has great action and is easy to rip because of it's narrow profile. On my first outing this year on one of my first casts I caught two largemouth bass on the same bait and cast. I was using the smaller 80mm size too. The topwater bait Irony from Zip is a great walking bait as well.

I purchased mine from http://www.basstacklemaster.com/Zip-Bai ... o110sp.htm

I think they have free shipping too if you're in the USA. Good luck - I'm sure you'll like them.

Frank

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:49 am

Thanks Frank. I'm always looking for new jerkbaits to add to the arsenal. In your experience how deep will the 110 dive on 10lb line? Vision 110 is my go to jerkbait. When I need to go deeper I like the Ima Flit. When I need to go shallower I will typically throw a Flashminnow 95. I was hoping the Orbit would fish shallower than the vision; in the 2 foot range like the flash minnow.

mrborohachi
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mrborohachi » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:24 am

look into the OSP Rudura

Pond Prowler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Pond Prowler » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:35 pm

jerkbait22 wrote:Thinking of picking up a few if tackle warehouse ever gets them back in stock. Anyone have an opinion of this bait, or any other Zip baits for that matter?

Thanks
Mike
I have used their "Irony" topwater's and have been very pleased. I generally use the smaller one around 3.5". I've heard they are very good for smallmouths as well.

SHRIMPER
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by SHRIMPER » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:29 pm

Hi Jerkbait, I haven't throw the flash minnow, but from my experience the Orbit 110 with 10lbs fluoro will probably
run closer to to 3 feet or maybe a touch deeper. If you want it to run and suspend shallower try 12lb.

Frank

cst
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cst » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:57 pm

I didn't like how hard it was to cast. Didn't seem responsive to my jerks either.

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:16 am

Jerkbait22, the orbit 110 dives similar depths as the vision 110 and the pointer 100. I haven't found a bait that fishes the shallows like a Flashminnow, at least not a suspending bait.
Barlow's Tackle

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:55 am

Thanks guys. I am a shore fisherman so I usually only carry 1 setup. Therefore it's easier for me to change lures than line. A lot of times I'm fishing jerkbaits over submergent weed beds. So it's important to be just over the tops and not in the weeds. Flash minnow has worked well for me in these situations where a regular jerkbait dives too deep and gets caught in the weeds. Jerkbaits are my favorite lures to throw so im always looking to try new stuff. Someone mentioned the rudra, I haven't heard much about this guy? Anyone have experience with the rudra? I have the osp asura which fishes in the same range as the flash minnow. I have caught a few on it but I usually throw the flash minnow instead since it casts further.

Thanks
Mike

cst
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cst » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:57 am

jerkbait22 wrote:Thanks guys. I am a shore fisherman so I usually only carry 1 setup. Therefore it's easier for me to change lures than line. A lot of times I'm fishing jerkbaits over submergent weed beds. So it's important to be just over the tops and not in the weeds. Flash minnow has worked well for me in these situations where a regular jerkbait dives too deep and gets caught in the weeds. Jerkbaits are my favorite lures to throw so im always looking to try new stuff. Someone mentioned the rudra, I haven't heard much about this guy? Anyone have experience with the rudra? I have the osp asura which fishes in the same range as the flash minnow. I have caught a few on it but I usually throw the flash minnow instead since it casts further.

Thanks
Mike
The Rudra is a 130 size jerkbait. I think it might be on the deeper end of the shallow diving jerkbaits.