Vision 110 Question

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Marc David
Angler
Angler

Vision 110 Question

Post by Marc David » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:38 am

Just curious. Are the older, center eye models suspending or slow floating? I noticed that the down eyes such at TW like in the link say slow floating:

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Megabass ... MB110.html

steve1206
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Vision 110 Question

Post by steve1206 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:57 am

All of the old ones are slow floating...This is good news for you as a painter (assuming I have the right Marc David) because it gives you room for error and less of a need to totally strip the original paint job...In most cases you can simply add a primer or do a partial blasting/scraping then paint them and they still slow float or suspend...unlike an already perfect suspending jerkbait, if you add paint, they sink like a rock.

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:37 pm

steve1206 wrote:All of the old ones are slow floating...This is good news for you as a painter (assuming I have the right Marc David) because it gives you room for error and less of a need to totally strip the original paint job...In most cases you can simply add a primer or do a partial blasting/scraping then paint them and they still slow float or suspend...unlike an already perfect suspending jerkbait, if you add paint, they sink like a rock.
OP: they are all slow float. There are a few suspend (US Pro Tour) model but they are some what hard to find at times. ;)

I have a few of them and I am keeping them nicely boxed up until they no longer make them and bam, money in my pocket. Also the middle hook for the suspend models are different. :lol:

Anyway, Steve - painting the 110's will make them sink like no other. I have a few custom painted and I regret doing it. All three of them sink like no other. If you notice MB adds the smallest and thinnest layer of paint to their lures. Unless you can strip the paint and paint it just as thin or slightly thinner to make them suspend then GL.
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!

steve1206
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by steve1206 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:18 pm

damian_megabass wrote:
steve1206 wrote:All of the old ones are slow floating...This is good news for you as a painter (assuming I have the right Marc David) because it gives you room for error and less of a need to totally strip the original paint job...In most cases you can simply add a primer or do a partial blasting/scraping then paint them and they still slow float or suspend...unlike an already perfect suspending jerkbait, if you add paint, they sink like a rock.

Anyway, Steve - painting the 110's will make them sink like no other. I have a few custom painted and I regret doing it. All three of them sink like no other. If you notice MB adds the smallest and thinnest layer of paint to their lures. Unless you can strip the paint and paint it just as thin or slightly thinner to make them suspend then GL.
Not saying you are absolutely wrong, but I can show you a box full that don't sink :D I have custom painted 110s that I still have to weight to get them to suspend. Disclaimer....I am usually fishing 35-45 degree water...If I threw them in 60 degree water, they may sink....but I don't.