Megabass X-DAD

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Megabass X-DAD

Post by Gone Phishin » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:27 pm

Has anyone thrown this bait? From the specs, it appears to be right up my alley.

http://megabassusa.com/products/x-dad

froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Megabass X-DAD

Post by froteur » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:34 pm

sick!

BASSFIEND
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by BASSFIEND » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:11 pm

Ive thrown em,what is it you want to know? They are good baits.Uchida craw and Ito craw have been the best 2 of the 4 colors I currently have.Smallies seem to love them.If I had to guess I'd say Ive caught 60+Smallies up to 4lbs this season on em.Probably half the total in one outing where I lit em up with the Ito craw.I throw em hard and burn em back to dredge the bottom and occasionally stop em before speeding things up again.I cant reel fast enough..I mean really burning it back.Broke the bills off 2 baits this way but I would wager that would happen with any bait fished this way.They dont get hung up as much as the Bait X's I used to throw in these situations.BTW Bait X are great as well(craw patterns). I guess I had em running 8foot or so on 10lb test. Get a few,chances are your fish havent seen em before .Hope that helps.......

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:41 pm

BASSFIEND wrote:Ive thrown em,what is it you want to know? They are good baits.Uchida craw and Ito craw have been the best 2 of the 4 colors I currently have.Smallies seem to love them.If I had to guess I'd say Ive caught 60+Smallies up to 4lbs this season on em.Probably half the total in one outing where I lit em up with the Ito craw.I throw em hard and burn em back to dredge the bottom and occasionally stop em before speeding things up again.I cant reel fast enough..I mean really burning it back.Broke the bills off 2 baits this way but I would wager that would happen with any bait fished this way.They dont get hung up as much as the Bait X's I used to throw in these situations.BTW Bait X are great as well(craw patterns). I guess I had em running 8foot or so on 10lb test. Get a few,chances are your fish havent seen em before .Hope that helps.......
Thanks kindly. 8-)

They sound like they're right in my wheelhouse, as far as depth, for casting off of our dock; this is where I do most of my fishing. The Uchida Craw looks about right for our lake.

How do they suspend?