Buzzjet

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Buzzjet

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:01 pm

This lure is extremely intriguing to me. Im not much of a topwater fanatic because I hate waking up at 4 in the morning on my days off. However, this lure looks like a good open-water, mid-day topwater lure....?

I have a bunch of frogs, poppers, buzzbaits, and some old school tiny torpedoes...but I usually throw them along shorelines and pads if I can find them....I havent really tried any other topwater in openwater besides walkin the dog type lures....how do you think I would fare with the buzzjet in open water?

In short...how do you fish the buzzjet/buzzjet jr? Which is better? Sr. or JR? why?

Thoughts?
stress-what happens between fishing trips

cjtoad
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Buzzjet

Post by cjtoad » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:43 pm

Sr. all the way, I've caught 6" smallies on them. Great lures no wrong way or place to fish them. They cast a mile and make an amazing amount of noise. I just slowroll them along with a twitch once and a while. PS pike love them.

l2yan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by l2yan » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:47 am

I just received a couple big ones. I'll let you know how they work out when I fish em soon ;) I'm thinkin it will be a killer striper bait as well.
www.BigSmallieTackle.com
www.HeroesOnTheWater.org

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:36 am

It's an awesmoe bait!!! I've had some very good inhales with them ;)

Also, you should try the spiral minnow too. It's a rolling top water prop bait. Worth the money for sure.
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!

dixie_cragger
Angler
Angler

Post by dixie_cragger » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:54 pm

bumping this one to the top as I'm still curious to know how to use them...

I ordered 2 from the 30% off hooked up tackle sale (listed in the hot deals section) but who knows if I'll ever get them...

dixie_cragger
Angler
Angler

Post by dixie_cragger » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:55 pm

Just a warning for those reading this (since i dont have the post limit to post in the hotdeals or classifieds sections)...I purchased the lures 2 weeks ago, credit card was charged but no status of shipment. I emailed them a week in and got a notice that one of my orders shipped but another week later and no lures... :cry:

I'm about to call my credit card company to cancel my order!

l2yan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by l2yan » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:47 pm

dixie_cragger wrote:Just a warning for those reading this (since i dont have the post limit to post in the hotdeals or classifieds sections)...I purchased the lures 2 weeks ago, credit card was charged but no status of shipment. I emailed them a week in and got a notice that one of my orders shipped but another week later and no lures... :cry:

I'm about to call my credit card company to cancel my order!
Sorry about that bud, very unfortunate. I hope you get your order. I placed one order there last fall and everything was smooth, but I guess things may have changed..
www.BigSmallieTackle.com
www.HeroesOnTheWater.org

dixie_cragger
Angler
Angler

Post by dixie_cragger » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:39 am

UPDATE...

just got a lovely note from hookeduptackle saying they are out of stock on the buzzjet so they are sending me everything else i ordered (LC gunfish/sammy). Of course those I didnt need and bought to get me over the $50 hump for free shipping...

just buyer beware with hookeduptackle. Of course it took them over 2 weeks AFTER charging my credit card that they were out of stock. :crying:

Guess i'll have to wait until the TW sale for the buzzjets unless anyone has a spare they are willing to part!!!

Pond Prowler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Pond Prowler » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:25 pm

Buzzjet's are great baits. Just be aware that the regular size versus the jr is actually pretty substantial. The full size weighs a little over an ounce and the jr's are right around a half ounce. There is only a 1" difference in length but the girth is quite a bit bigger. I would compare the size difference to the Lucky Craft RC series (1.5 vs 3.5 type thing).

I've got about 10 of each size and seem to just have more confidence in the jr.

emjay
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by emjay » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:25 pm

Gonna wait til black friday to load up on some more. These lures work and are very fun to fish.

evilash510
Angler
Angler

Post by evilash510 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:10 pm

Get the sr (the big one) , they work! On a side note i just got a spiral minnow , i have not tried it yet , i will let you guys know. 8-)

mrborohachi
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mrborohachi » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:09 pm

I started off with a Jr, then bought 2 Black widow pattern full sizes.

They are absolutely deadly on a super slow retrieve at night. I have caught many 4lb LMB's doing so. I'm more of a Ninja fisherman so i can only speak of the lure at night.

Gblaze
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Gblaze » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:25 pm

I fished the american shad Jr version this summer. It really only performed during the morning topwater bite along pad edges for me.

I am a regular on a local board and the group seems to think the Sr out-performs Jr.
So I have a real bass sr and bone series on order now to see in the spring. :lol:

Some people did mention they may need propeller tweeking to enhance the bait

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:49 pm

Gblaze wrote:
Some people did mention they may need propeller tweeking to enhance the bait
wow, if I pay that much for a lure, that thing better work flawlessly.
stress-what happens between fishing trips

facelessnewsouth
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by facelessnewsouth » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:23 pm

Got a JR. in trade from bassbandit, fished it for the first time, small pond, but pretty open, in november, just to see how it swam, and the fish came from the bottom to nail it. Just a slow steady retrieve, and this thing has a nice wide wobble, with a bubble trail following it the whole way back. Haven't fished the big ones, but I know for sure I'm getting more JR's.