Fake Lucky Craft Baits??

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
mike304
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Fake Lucky Craft Baits??

Post by mike304 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:31 am

Hey guys. Just curious, since some of you guys are a lot better at identifying baits than I am. Take a look at this link to and EBAY auction. The center 2 rows of cranks look like fakes to me. The paint schemes are different and the diving lips are painted, which I've never seen on Lucky Craft baits.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lucky-Craft-Lot ... 2c5f216c59
Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid

fshn4lmt
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Fake Lucky Craft Baits??

Post by fshn4lmt » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:00 am

No dude-those are legit.JDM cranks-They are called "classical leaders" with the paint on the bill.The moonsaults are good too.I especially like how Lucky Craft"s Chartreuse and blue is faded from the factory.Most guys leave their Chartreuse and blue cranks on their dashboard,or in their windows to fade them.
I wouldnt hesitate to snatch those up,but I prefer cb350's,and flat cb d20's.

Bass Junkie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bass Junkie » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:01 pm

I wouldn't guarantee these are real LCs.... I know of instances where guys got pulled in on good buys, only to find out they were fakes... Some of them were down to the weighting details and signature on the bait, but they were fakes... Not trying to dampen the party, and if you're going for 'em, good luck, but I'd watch it...

fshn4lmt- Interesting point about the classical leaders paint job... :-k

NJ Jigman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NJ Jigman » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:42 am

fake for sure they look cheap, paint looks simple, and the only color i've ever seen on LC lips is the craw claws on some of their craw colored baits. if their real, someone w/ little painting experience ruined these baits

steve1206
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by steve1206 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:34 pm

NJ Jigman wrote:fake for sure they look cheap, paint looks simple, and the only color i've ever seen on LC lips is the craw claws on some of their craw colored baits. if their real, someone w/ little painting experience ruined these baits
There is a whole world of Lucky Craft out there that most have never seen, from Japan and otherwise....and the baits with the red dots are exactly what Chart./Light Blue LC USA baits have always looked like.

http://www.luckycraft.com/luckycrafthom ... tcb100.htm

fshn4lmt
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fshn4lmt » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:51 pm

NJ Jigman wrote:fake for sure they look cheap, paint looks simple, and the only color i've ever seen on LC lips is the craw claws on some of their craw colored baits. if their real, someone w/ little painting experience ruined these baits
Anyone ever heard of "JDM" (Japanes Domestic Market).Take a look at ICHIBANTACKLE.COM (thats japanese for #1) there are plenty of japan only baits.I dont know the ebay seller........but those baits are legit.period.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:59 pm

what are these?
I brought them a few years ago?
Sometimes in life, you are the bug and sometimes your the windshield.
Instagram is @1ncetime

Munkin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Munkin » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:52 pm

williamkroth wrote:ok guys. i am looking to get ahold of one of the original LC classical leader 55 sr cart magic lure the new ones are yellow with a black broken up stripe on top but the old one are very close, but just by the front hook has a little orange and when you shake it it has a lead shot sound instead of a steal shot clack and the black on the back of it is sort of a diamond pattern broken up black. i was told that it would be inpossible as it was made by an old man in japan befoe lucky craft got bought and then got big but i need to get one of these.any info or help would be great. thanks
Don't mean to hijack the thread but for the user above the two best places to look for rare LC baits are ebay and Ichiban Tackle.

As for the baits pictured as a LC fanatic I cannot tell one way or other? Most of the fake LC lures are easy to spot because of the paint patterns but I have never seen these baits knocked off before?

Allen

Fbass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Fbass » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:09 pm

I agree these baits are legit LC. They were indeed called Classical leader, altough they shared that name with an entirely different bait that's how they were sold. I think there ever was only 2 colors and yes the lip was painted.
I think they came out around 2001 or so. They were cheaper than regular LC baits, like maybe 30% off at the time. I was told back then it was the first attempt for LC to enter the american market they were designed to be cheaper and with a very simple paint pattern. Over here they were sold up until 2005 I would say.