Vicious Tackle

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Basswrangler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Vicious Tackle

Post by Basswrangler » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:17 pm

I was in Walmart today and noticed a special stand over by the fishing section. It was loaded with Vicious brand tackle such as crankbaits, jerkbaits, lipless cranks, spinner baits, and a bunch of terminal tackle like worm weights, hooks, etc. I am wondering if anyone has tried the crankbaits and if so how do they run? All the stuff was pretty cheap. The stands were divided into two sections a $0.99 and $1.96. The crankbaits and spinner baits looked pretty decent especially for $1.96, just wondering how they run before I stock up.

bhyatt6
Angler
Angler

Re: Vicious Tackle

Post by bhyatt6 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:47 pm

I have not seen tackle, etc. but there line is great and that is the only line i will fish besides for braid where i use spiderwire :D

vtbasser
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by vtbasser » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:49 am

I am pretty sure Vicious Line is different from the Walmart Tackle. It is a new thing they are carrying, might be a store brand of theirs. I have not fished it though.
www.hokiebass.com
Abu Garcia, Berkley, Trilene

Basswrangler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Basswrangler » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:03 pm

vtbasser wrote:I am pretty sure Vicious Line is different from the Walmart Tackle. It is a new thing they are carrying, might be a store brand of theirs. I have not fished it though.
I could be wrong, but I think this is actually the same brand as the Vicious line we all know because when I was looking at the stand there was small spools of like 110 yds of Vicious. If this actually is a store brand they did a good job of fooling me because the labeling looks identical.

Basswrangler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Basswrangler » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:19 pm

Ok, did a little research and it does appear to be actual Vicious brand tackle. There's not a whole lot of stuff about this tackle on the internet, but compare the label on the tackle in this you tube video to vicious line and you'll see there identical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Khki5B8Gk

The stuff in the video is crappie stuff, but Wal-mart also has a good selection of bass and walleye tackle. I guess I'll have to pick up some of the cranks and see if they run good.
Attachments
Vicious Flouro.jpg
Vicious Flouro.jpg (44.42 KiB) Viewed 4223 times

vtbasser
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by vtbasser » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Coolio. I had no idea Vicious made tackle too. I suppose it must be their own stuff because the name would be a copy write deal too.

Guess the make some baits available online too: http://store.jbsfishing.com/merchant.mv ... ry_Code=VB
www.hokiebass.com
Abu Garcia, Berkley, Trilene

Steve Williams
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Steve Williams » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:47 pm

vtbasser wrote:Coolio. I had no idea Vicious made tackle too. I suppose it must be their own stuff because the name would be a copy write deal too.

Guess the make some baits available online too: http://store.jbsfishing.com/merchant.mv ... ry_Code=VB
When Russ Lane was with them, they had a signature jig in the works that was SWEET but it never got out much. I think a few local shops carried it for a while. Had a flat bottom skipped well and made a good swim jig. They were scheduled to have several types of baits (soft plastics primarily) released but they didn't make it. I guess they are coming out now.

nsfisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nsfisher » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:07 am

I haven't used them yet but i would definately try them out. The reason that Vicious products cost less is because they don't spend a lot of money on advertising like most companies. The money that most companies spend on advertising comes though in the cost of their products. So the bottom line is that Vicious makes great products and is trying to keep their prices as low as possible. Usually cheap products are just that "cheap" but Vicious products are still high quality.

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:37 am

Saw these at the store too....didn't look appealing to me one bit. :lol:
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!