Lucky Craft Flash Minnow

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Smalleyez
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Lucky Craft Flash Minnow

Post by Smalleyez » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:09 am

Any fan of the Lucky Craft Flash Minnow? If so, how do you use them?

I have a couple 110's and a 95, but truthfully I just haven't used them much at all.
RRR (Round Reels Rule!)

Eric Walsh
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Lucky Craft Flash Minnow

Post by Eric Walsh » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:08 am

May well be my favorite skinny water lure period! If you're in 4' or less, it is my first presentation if
I'm chasing bronzebacks. They are also pike killers as well, and having 3 trebles on the 110's helps in
the landing ratio for smallies. =D> You'd better start getting yours wet after ice-out. :lol:

baluga
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by baluga » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:20 am

LC FM 110 is one of favorite lures for surf fishing for halibut. Slow retrieve works great for me. If that doesn't work, just sell it to me 8-)

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:42 am

Eric Walsh wrote:May well be my favorite skinny water lure period! If you're in 4' or less, it is my first presentation if
I'm chasing bronzebacks. They are also pike killers as well, and having 3 trebles on the 110's helps in
the landing ratio for smallies. =D> You'd better start getting yours wet after ice-out. :lol:

Absolute killer on smallies in shallow rivers!!! I like the 110 model and I use it in the summer months, the smallies really like it, I have the most success with the nishiki (clown) pattern.
Barlow's Tackle

Smalleyez
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Smalleyez » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:44 am

Well, I can see that I need to throw them a little more this year! :doh:
RRR (Round Reels Rule!)

mike304
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mike304 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:34 pm

I have a few and don't use them much either, guess I'm gonna have to change that.
Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid

North Branch
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by North Branch » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:35 pm

Smallmouth fanatic here too, and I have to agree with the other guys. This lure should be "outlawed" for smallmouths when the fish are shallow, and the jerk bait bite is on.

I prefer the 95MR, but the 110 has also worked well for me.

cst
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cst » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:20 pm

baluga wrote:LC FM 110 is one of favorite lures for surf fishing for halibut. Slow retrieve works great for me. If that doesn't work, just sell it to me 8-)
This! Barracuda love them too. They also work well for striper on the straight retrieve in current.

brokeneye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by brokeneye » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:27 am

not as fluid a swimmer as the pointers but, in skinny water, every bit as effective.

definitely, one of the "go-to's".
don't cry because it's over...smile because it happened.

Micropterus salmoides
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Micropterus salmoides » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Is the Flash Minnow mainly a Smallmouth lure for you guys? I have 2 that have seen very little use chasing Largemouths.

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:25 pm

Micropterus salmoides wrote:Is the Flash Minnow mainly a Smallmouth lure for you guys? I have 2 that have seen very little use chasing Largemouths.
The lakes I fish aren't very clear so jerkbaits in general don't work very well but when I notice fish feeding in the shallows I'll throw it, the Flash Minnow has caught me a few largemouths but the smallies really hit it, in fact they never seem to just grab it and run, they hit it hard so that tells me something in the action is making them attack it rather than just eat it.
Barlow's Tackle

primus
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by primus » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:29 pm

I've had many good days catching largemouths with this bait, runs a little shallower than the Pointer which is good later sprimg when the weeds are closer to the surface of the water. I'm surprised also that it's only been mentioned in the context of chasing smallies because the largemouth like it alot as well. This is Lucky Craft's most underated bait in my opinion. The Ghost Sunfish has been a great color for me.