Which Spook is most productive ?

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
bladerunner
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Which Spook is most productive ?

Post by bladerunner » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:08 am

I always had good luck with a spook. I was wondering which spook is more productive for those of you that have tried all three... The Super spook, Rattlin, or One-Knocker? I've been using the Rattlin' to no avail. I use topwaters in clear to stained conditions (2-5ft.) visibility.

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Which Spook is most productive ?

Post by slipperybob » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:23 am

Puppy or Junior are the producers for me.
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish

primus
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by primus » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:47 am

The regular Zara Spook is my favorite , this model doesn't rattle and seems to appeal to bigger than average fish. I do add split rings to the hook hangers and change the position of the line tie so it will walk better.The Super Spook Jr has also been productive, I haven't fished the One Knocker very much but it's put a few fish in the boat and looks promising.

SteveDB
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SteveDB » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:00 am

Regular Zara Spook for me too. Like the previous poster, I change out the hooks and add split rings to the hook hangers. If I want one that rattles it`s usually a different brand.

Madbasser
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Madbasser » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:20 am

SteveDB wrote:Regular Zara Spook for me too. Like the previous poster, I change out the hooks and add split rings to the hook hangers. If I want one that rattles it`s usually a different brand.
X3.

I only use the white color, no other color works as well.

JDLaman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by JDLaman » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:03 am

Super Spook Jr. is extremely productive for me in both freshwater and saltwater applications. I also fish the Rattlin and One-Knocker but always come back to a Super Spook Jr. when fishing Heddon products.

EDWARD
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by EDWARD » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:29 am

X4 Regular Zara Spook!
My all time favorite is the Leapord Frog Image

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:55 pm

JDLaman wrote:Super Spook Jr. is extremely productive for me in both freshwater and saltwater applications. I also fish the Rattlin and One-Knocker but always come back to a Super Spook Jr. when fishing Heddon products.
I like the Super Spook Jr. the most. I have caught more fish on it than any other topwater lure I have. The Okie Shad color is ugly, but has caught me the most fish.
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

JDLaman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by JDLaman » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:44 am

Most productive colors for me:

Saltwater: Smoke and Chartreuse for overcast skies or stained water. I have caught several monster Reds on this color. Bone for clear water and sunny days

Freshwater: Baby Bass