Bandit Square bill

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Bandit Square bill

Post by goldrod » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:21 pm

Has anyone gotten their hands on one?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

cjcole
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Bandit Square bill

Post by cjcole » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:30 am

Just received some of the new bandit Square bill cranks. I was expecting big things from Bandit when they hired lure designer Jim Gowing and added Marty Stone to their prostaff. The Baits are rather large and are a similar size as the Strike King KVD 2.5 baits. I swam the baits at the marina near my house and the bait have a very pronounced wobble, more so than the S.K KVD baits or the Lucky Craft RC 2.5. The bait was advertised as having a unique hunting action, I did not see that on any of the 8 baits that I tested. Now if you ran the bait into any solid structure it did kick out to the side briefly but so does every other shallow square lipped bait. As for the the fit and finish on these baits it is deplorable. The Chinese made Bandits from a few years ago were finished better than these. The bills are a mess with paint and clear coat smeared all over the lip. The lips were also not mated properly so that the face of the lip is uneven and you can definitely see where the seam of the two bait halves were bonded or glued together. I sure hope that someone from Bandit wakes up and puts a fire under someone's behind in the quality control department because they surely were asleep when this batch of baits was packaged and sent out to be sold!!
Crank it up!!