original poe's cedar cranks ?

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
RGMatt
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

original poe's cedar cranks ?

Post by RGMatt » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:12 pm

I was given a dozen or so original Poes(in CA) cranks still in the packages from the late 80's -early 90's. Mostly RC 1 and a few RC 3. Another handful of made in mexico poe's 300 and 400 size from '91 under Browning/Poes(in Utah) And a couple more from when Yakima bait co. bought them.

Don't know much about these baits. I heard they were good back in the day.

Any info is appreciated.

TIA
Matt

SteveDB
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: original poe's cedar cranks ?

Post by SteveDB » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:28 am

All good baits back in the day and will work just as good today. We all just gravitate towards the new stuff and forget the old alot of the time. I still have and regularly use Poe`s 300`s. For divers in the 7-10 foot range it is one of my favs along with the DT-10 and DLN. The older Poe`s were made of better cedar and were great. The later models developed cracks in the paint and kinda gave them a bad rep. Just repair`em and keep fishing.

RGMatt
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RGMatt » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:57 pm

thanks Steve, Most of them are the one's made by the original co. but a few are from later. I'll probably keep the smaller RC1's and give some of those bigger baits away to friends.

Matt

holden234
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by holden234 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:01 am

Good to hear they are good crankbaits. I purchased 10 of them in different sizes and colors. So far have not had a hit on any of them. Have tried every retrieve I can think of with no luck. Probably just need to fish them more. Bought them on friend's advice that fishes tournaments and he swears by them. Even credits them with helping him win a tournament.