Megabass Anthrax 100 PM

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Megabass Anthrax 100 PM

Post by zodiak311 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:46 pm

Has anyone used this lure before? I believe that I once saw a video that showed someone making this lure lure jump into the air, like a fleeing bait fish. I am also wondering where I can purchase them here in the US? Thanks!
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

vArm
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass Anthrax 100 PM

Post by vArm » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:38 am

I have one and it's beautiful....I've caught 1 fish with it in the Everglades when the topwater bite was KILLER.

I've thrown it a lot trying to figure out how to make it fish like the video but have never been able to impart the same action. I'm guessing it has something to do with the line. I've used many Co-poly and Mono lines in the 8-10# test, maybe that's to heavy?
MegabassUSA.com

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:29 am

zodiak311 wrote:Has anyone used this lure before? I believe that I once saw a video that showed someone making this lure lure jump into the air, like a fleeing bait fish. I am also wondering where I can purchase them here in the US? Thanks!
Found one on american legacy fishing but not sure if you will like the color. Can't find one anywhere else with US e-tailers that I shop with.
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:16 am

damian_megabass wrote:
zodiak311 wrote:Has anyone used this lure before? I believe that I once saw a video that showed someone making this lure lure jump into the air, like a fleeing bait fish. I am also wondering where I can purchase them here in the US? Thanks!
Found one on american legacy fishing but not sure if you will like the color. Can't find one anywhere else with US e-tailers that I shop with.
Cool, unfortunately not many colors to choose from. Saw some ebay, but worried about counterfeits...
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:34 pm

I have the original anthrax. Is there a difference between that and the PM? I have done pretty well on it actually, when I have fished it. I've caught some nice 3 and 4lb largemouth on it, and I live in the north so thats a nice sized bass for us. The smallmouth like it too. I would fish it more if I could cast it further. I have been throwing the Buzzjet jr. in it's place lately.

The best retrieve I have found is to give it some twitches (some small twitches mixed with hard pops) then let it sit for a while. Wake forward about 10 feet and repeat. The fish would usually hit it on the pause. I did get it to jump out of water a few times. If you jerk the lure under, you have to give it a jerk again right before it gets back to the surface and that will usually make it jump out of the water. Hope this helps.

Feedingseagulls
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Feedingseagulls » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:08 pm

Sorry if this is akin to Grandma and her egg-sucking, but you guys do know there are basically 2 Anthrax's from Megabass don't you?

There is the 'complicated' Anthrax 100 and the much 'simpler' Anthrax (which is smaller, 85mm iirc). The 100 was the later release I believe.