Evergreen Rat-A-Tat

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
bassbandit
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Evergreen Rat-A-Tat

Post by bassbandit » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:36 am

A while back, before the data loss, I posted asking about this bait. I can't remember if anyone ever replied. Is anyone out there fishing either of these versions? I'm not crazy about the price, but I really dig the looks.

Any feedback would be apprecaited.

http://www.thehookuptackle.com/product- ... gory=Japan Tackle&Manufacturer=Evergreen International&Product=Rat A Tat Magnum

http://www.thehookuptackle.com/product- ... gory=Japan Tackle&Manufacturer=Evergreen International&Product=Rat A Tat

Carlos Carrapiço
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Evergreen Rat-A-Tat

Post by Carlos Carrapiço » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:52 am

I have the Rat A Tat and the Rat A Tat Hyper Sonic but not the Magnum.

I like the Hyper Sonic a lot and has proven itself. It has been up to the task of competing with the BuzzJet Junior specially when a slower approach is needed or you need something capable of going through nasty cover and believe me it does it with distinction. This is a must have :-#

About the Rat A Tat, I have kind of mixed feelings as I have cough fish in situations where a sammy would not make then break the surface and I have even lost a huge fish just at my feet but the worm keeper doesn't convince me. It needs to be replaced by owner CPS. Normally I use it without trailer but 6 or 7" worms give it an extra life.

If you fish flat areas that are relatively shallow, lets say 7' or less, than this may be a great weapon for you on does cold front days. :evil:

bassbandit
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassbandit » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:06 am

Carlos Carrapiço wrote:I have the Rat A Tat and the Rat A Tat Hyper Sonic but not the Magnum.

I like the Hyper Sonic a lot and has proven itself. It has been up to the task of competing with the BuzzJet Junior specially when a slower approach is needed or you need something capable of going through nasty cover and believe me it does it with distinction. This is a must have :-#

About the Rat A Tat, I have kind of mixed feelings as I have cough fish in situations where a sammy would not make then break the surface and I have even lost a huge fish just at my feet but the worm keeper doesn't convince me. It needs to be replaced by owner CPS. Normally I use it without trailer but 6 or 7" worms give it an extra life.

If you fish flat areas that are relatively shallow, lets say 7' or less, than this may be a great weapon for you on does cold front days. :evil:
Thanks for the feedback, Carlos.

rp346
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rp346 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:01 am

Carlos Carrapiço wrote:I have the Rat A Tat and the Rat A Tat Hyper Sonic but not the Magnum.

I have all three and pretty much agree with Carlos, but would say look at the Magnum as a WakeBait over the other two. I would start with the colors that work for you with other compatible baits....They do catch fish.

Carlos Carrapiço
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Carlos Carrapiço » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:12 am

The monkey strikes again and now I have to add a Magnum to my wish list ](*,)

NJ Jigman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NJ Jigman » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:51 am

i've had some luck with the hyper sonic :idea: