Lucky Craft Gunfish

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
BigBait Intervention
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Lucky Craft Gunfish

Post by BigBait Intervention » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:42 am

biggs wrote:I want some of these so bad. I went to Bass Pro in Auburn NY last month and they were sold out! :doh:
When I do get some I am going to get Ghost Minnow, Chartreuse Shad and probably Shell White or Ghost Sun Fish.
Hey biggs,

All four of those colors are awesome and you won't go wrong if you add them all to the arsenal! 8-[

BBI

:D

ppFishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ppFishing » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:18 pm

Mossy Oak wrote:I like the ghost sunfish, the ghost minnow, and the american shad.
Same here. I have two smaller ones in ghost sunfish and minnow. The larger one is american shad. I use the larger size more.

mrbassky1
Angler
Angler

Post by mrbassky1 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:17 am

I keep it simple I use the Chartruese shad which is really more of a bone color and the clear color. I can usually catch fish on one or the other.

Lou
Angler
Angler

Post by Lou » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:29 am

mrbassky1 wrote:I keep it simple I use the Chartruese shad which is really more of a bone color and the clear color. I can usually catch fish on one or the other.
I agree.

phillyblunt
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by phillyblunt » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:23 am

Probably my favorite and most used top water bait. My most productive color is Ghost Tennessee Shad hands down.

Smalleyez
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Smalleyez » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:55 pm

What size Gunfish is the "go to?"

I need to try one. :-k
RRR (Round Reels Rule!)

mrbassky1
Angler
Angler

Post by mrbassky1 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:12 am

I go with the bigger one most of the time. You get better bites on it. The only time I use the smaller one is if I just want to get some bites and the big bait is too much which isn't often.

Smalleyez
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Smalleyez » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:22 pm

mrbassky1 wrote:I go with the bigger one most of the time. You get better bites on it. The only time I use the smaller one is if I just want to get some bites and the big bait is too much which isn't often.
Thanks! That makes sense, and come to think of it, my bass are never turned off by baits of that size. I watched a Skeet Reese utube promo and I have to say that his Gunfish really "spit" up a froth as he worked the lure. I don't think any of my popper or chuggers look like the Gunfish. Of course Skeet's technique was probably a large part of it. Still, I think it looks about perfect. :confused:
RRR (Round Reels Rule!)