Favorite Flat Cranks

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
primus
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Favorite Flat Cranks

Post by primus » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:47 am

mrbassky1 wrote:
primus wrote:I'm not sure if they still make them but I've stuck a lot of fish on the Strike King Flat Shad wood crankbait.
They quit selling them but the Creig Powers CP custom crankbaits are very similar. Strike King didn't actually make those they sold them but they were made another company called Mimic lures I think or something like that. They are based in Tennessee which is why the CP custom crankbaits are so similar because Craig Powers is also from TN.

I like CP custom baits, CottonCordell CC shad, and several homemade baits DBaits, Hawk Lures, Lazer Lure (not ones with the flashing lights), and Wee baits. And I like the Little John baits and Fat Free shads.
mrbassky1 Thanks for the update when I need more I'll definetely check out those CP baits. I've seen your reviews on various lures over the years and I enjoy your insight.

NJ Jigman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NJ Jigman » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:05 am

I like Mimic custom lures flat sided wood baits, great paint scemes, good action and the finesse of a quiet bait gets the fish in NJ excited, kind of silent RC deadly :idea:

Steve Williams
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Steve Williams » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:56 am

Not really "flat" but the DT6 from rapala is MONEY. I've fished the flat A, flat broke, lil jon and a few others as well that were ok for me.

I really like the Mimic flat baits (small and the mid diver), Brian's Lil B and his V Bee. I've caught a ton of fish on those baits.

I've been fishing a lot more of the mimic's as balsa baits are bound to get damaged and they get very expensive at $26 a piece (with hardware) for some of the customs. The mimic baits are running me around $8-9 each once I add hardware (high quality split rings and high grade hooks) and they don't have a rattle which I prefer and they seem to catch fish just fine. I do have to do a little epoxy work on some of them when I get them, but other than that, they are fish catching machines.