Luck E Strike Rick Clunn CB:

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Speckled
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Luck E Strike Rick Clunn CB:

Post by Speckled » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:20 am

I didn't know that RC had left Lucky Craft :shock: . Is this old news?

Wow. The LC RC 1.5 have been a favorite for sometime now.

So, do you stock up on the old RC LC baits? Or do you try some of these Luck E Strike RC square bill baits?

Price is better on the Luck E Strike, but not sure they will work the same as the RC LC :-k .

jiggerjake
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Luck E Strike Rick Clunn CB:

Post by jiggerjake » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:25 pm

I started to stock up.But thats just me. =P~ Not a lot of colors available yet on the Lucky Strike.

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:18 pm

Old news. :lol:

I was going to order some Luck E strike's when I put in my order for the Ima square bills but I only found two colors that I like and passed. Don't need anymore unwanted/unused tackle laying around.
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!

primus
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by primus » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:58 am

First post though I've enjoyed this website for years. I'm still going to buy the Lucky Craft cranks because for me it's a proven commodity, the 1.5 has been my favorite shallow crank since it's release. It's ironic that you can go to Lucky Craft's " The Daily Crank" and they now have 2 recent videos with Rick Clunn touting these lures and making comments that there are other baits that look the same but won't perform the same. Now he's endorsing Luck E Strikes copycat bait :doh: I think back to when Smithwick changed the plastic that they used on the Roque and how those who used the older versions insisted that it did not perform like the original or when Normarck changed the construction of the Wiggle Wart a few years back and how it didn't perform like the old Storm baits. It could be that LuCKY Strike got it right but I'm going to take the show me position from this one and no I'm not from Missouri :D

jiggerjake
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jiggerjake » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:28 am

primus wrote:First post though I've enjoyed this website for years. I'm still going to buy the Lucky Craft cranks because for me it's a proven commodity, the 1.5 has been my favorite shallow crank since it's release. It's ironic that you can go to Lucky Craft's " The Daily Crank" and they now have 2 recent videos with Rick Clunn touting these lures and making comments that there are other baits that look the same but won't perform the same. Now he's endorsing Luck E Strikes copycat bait :doh: I think back to when Smithwick changed the plastic that they used on the Roque and how those who used the older versions insisted that it did not perform like the original or when Normarck changed the construction of the Wiggle Wart a few years back and how it didn't perform like the old Storm baits. It could be that LuCKY Strike got it right but I'm going to take the show me position from this one and no I'm not from Missouri :D
Looks like Rick is gone from the "The Daily Crank" unless I missed it.

primus
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by primus » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:03 am

I just checked again and it's still their at the time of me writing this post under their blog section, they also have a Gerald Swindle video.

Speckled
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Speckled » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:24 am

Maybe I should of asked this in my first post.

Does Lucky Craft continue to make the RC model lures, but call them something else :-k ?

Sure miss the days when TW used to carry the RC's before they became a BPS only option ](*,) .

TW = No state sales tax (for me) & free shipping on orders over $50.00 \:D/ .

BPS = State sales tax, no free shipping and sadly the only place you can find the RC LC's :( .

afterbass
Angler
Angler

Post by afterbass » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:23 am

I hear you speckled. BPS has pretty much lost my internet business. They simply do not compete with other on-line tackle stores. That said.......about twice a year I make the 3 hour pilgrimage to Manteca and buy, among other things, some RC's. I think it's the copper green that I kill them on up here. Bass think it is a carp minnow, I think.

jiggerjake
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jiggerjake » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:02 pm

afterbass wrote:I hear you speckled. BPS has pretty much lost my internet business. They simply do not compete with other on-line tackle stores. That said.......about twice a year I make the 3 hour pilgrimage to Manteca and buy, among other things, some RC's. I think it's the copper green that I kill them on up here. Bass think it is a carp minnow, I think.
Ordered from BPS today. I kept my order to a certain amout so as not to jump up the the next level of shipping cost.When I'm done she tells me what my order comes to and what shipping is.I tell her she is mistaken as I looked up the shipping cost in my catalog.She procedes to tell me they just had an increase in their shipping cost.Its now almost $9.00 on orders $25-$50.Seems to me they should honor whats printed in their 2011 catalog.Beware when ordering from them.I'm done.I'll stick to TW or BTD.

afterbass
Angler
Angler

Post by afterbass » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:52 pm

Yeppers.......JiggerJake. Know exactly what you mean. A person should not end up angry when you are purchasing something. Especially cool stuff like lures.

willyw
Angler
Angler

Post by willyw » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:55 pm

The Luckycraft RC is available also at The Hook Up Tackle. No tax unless you live in Arizona and free shipping if your order exceeds $50.00. Here is the link: http://www.thehookuptackle.com/product- ... Crankbaits

Eric Walsh
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Eric Walsh » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:11 am

I'm a TW junkie as well but those boys down in Arizona are the real deal. Call TheHookUpTackle and
speak to anyone there (Ben is great) and I think you'll agree. =D>

afterbass
Angler
Angler

Post by afterbass » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:33 am

WillyW.............Thanks for the good tip on the LC RC's in AZ. All those initials are crackin' me up. Anyway, it's the copper green gold, or copper gold green, I just looked and already forgot, that IMO looks like a carp minnow. It works well for me.

bladerunner
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bladerunner » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:22 pm

TOTALLY different specs. They only "look" the same. The Luck E Strikes are 1/4oz. vs 1/2oz. in the LCRC. HUGE difference. Not even slightly interested in the L.E.Strikes. I'mnot sure that the LCRC are going to be phased out though.
I'll probably grab another Ghost Minnow and an American Shad just in case though. Those are my favorite colors - if anyone is interested Xcaliburs new XCS is just as good as the RC 1.5. Not as many colors though - same action. Personally I'm buying a ton of these and supplementing colors with he RC 1.5. P.S.... both are silent!

pharmboy2010
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by pharmboy2010 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:49 pm

I was at my local BPS the other day and asked the guys at the reel counter about the future of the LC RCs. Unfortunately, they didn't know anything about even Luck E Strike having the RCs now. Will just have to wait and see I guess. I hope they keep them and just rename them...although having them discontinued and clearanced would be nice.