Green tinted flouro in 5-6 lb

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
Bigfella123
Angler
Angler

Green tinted flouro in 5-6 lb

Post by Bigfella123 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:51 pm

We have had low and very clear (6 feet vis) water this year for summer steelhead, and i have been using 5lb sniper as my leader for drift and float fishing. I notice that in the sunny conditions, the line really has a "shine" to some parts. I tried invizx and some bps stuff in 6 lb, same problem. I went to 4lb maxima ultragreen and i could see that wayyy less than the flouro, so im using that for now.

Fishing in the sunny spots is actually important for my river because the water temps can get down to 35-37 degrees :o

Wondering about green tinted flouro and have some questions.

Does anyone notice a "shine" on green flouro (or clear) in very sunny conditions?

I have read that tinted flouro can be weaker to clear, is there any truth to this?

I am considering fc sniper invisible, j-flouro hidden, and varivas absolute mg. Does anyone have experience with these lines or like one more than the other?

Thanks!

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Green tinted flouro in 5-6 lb

Post by godshippy » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:55 pm

P-Line Halo is "mist green" and slightly tinted green. It is one of my favorite lines that I've had good success with. The only reason I don't use it still is that I was able to buy Trilene 100% at a big discount in bulk; so I'm just going through that.

I've only used Daiwa J-Fluoro Samurai Hidden in 20# and did not have a good experience with it--it just kept breaking off regardless of what knot I was tying. I stripped it off and went back to Trilene 100%.

Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hulkster » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:10 am

its not floro, but a good substitute might be Sufix Siege 6 pound test in smoke green color
I use it on a 1000 sized shimano Nasci and its awesome

DarkShadow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DarkShadow » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:44 pm

Sunline used to make a Shooter Invisible (sometimes referred to as Metan) that came in a camo and a green tint. Best line I've ever used. So good that Sunline discontinued it, and just stuck with the regular plain ole Shooter, which feels and fishes different, or at least IMO.

Notice is doesn't have "Sniper" anywhere on the label.

I started fishing the "Sniper/Shooter Invisible" thinking it was the same thing, but I have no idea why Sunline puts the "Shooter" name up there if the line is no where near as good as their Shooter. It feels like FC Sniper, fishes like FC Sniper, but at least it's got that green tint. If you've fished FC Sniper before, it's pretty much the same thing, even though the price is not, perhaps because it's dubbed a true "JDM" line. I haven't received any response from Sunline when I ask why they put both "Sniper" and "Shooter" on the packaging and what happened to their original colored Shooter.

I've also fished the Daiwa J Flouro Hidden, and at least in the 6 and 8 pound test, and in the end, the line really needs to be babied. I had repeated knot failures even though I tie a double san diego jam, and abrasion resistance was not good. I couldn't rub up against soft or hard structure without getting nicks in the line. I noticed that during a backlash, there was a minor kink in the line, and for &hits and giggles, I pulled at it, and SNAP. Again, this was the 6 pound test. I know guys that are using the 16 pound test and are loving it, but then again, 6 and 16 pound test are vastly different. Perhaps the line gets better as it gets heavier, but I see scattered reports of the knot breakage issue happening to others. The line looks great, feels great and is packaged great, but i gave away my last spools of 6 and 8.