Was Braided Line a Game Changer for You?

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Was Braided Line a Game Changer for You?

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:16 am

MK49 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:00 pm
mark poulson wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:23 am
MK49 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:22 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:09 am
I use white braid a lot. I just color the last 5-6' of the line with a black sharpie and it hasnt affected my catch rate with bottom contact baits.
Interesting. I'll try that. Thanks. I kinda like the white braid, because it is definitely easier to see. But, I just didn't get as many bites with slow moving baits like soft plastics.
Use a black sharpie on the first two feet of braid in front of the hook.
I just thought about it. Isn't green Sharpie better than black?
Nope, remember the base is bright white, and a sharpie fades quickly on braid. The black fades to a medium gray. In the 10# X9 braid, I can barely see it underwater right at my feet with polarized glasses. It virtually dissappears.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

MK49
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Was Braided Line a Game Changer for You?

Post by MK49 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:54 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:16 am
MK49 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:00 pm
mark poulson wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:23 am
MK49 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:22 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:09 am
I use white braid a lot. I just color the last 5-6' of the line with a black sharpie and it hasnt affected my catch rate with bottom contact baits.
Interesting. I'll try that. Thanks. I kinda like the white braid, because it is definitely easier to see. But, I just didn't get as many bites with slow moving baits like soft plastics.
Use a black sharpie on the first two feet of braid in front of the hook.
I just thought about it. Isn't green Sharpie better than black?
Nope, remember the base is bright white, and a sharpie fades quickly on braid. The black fades to a medium gray. In the 10# X9 braid, I can barely see it underwater right at my feet with polarized glasses. It virtually dissappears.
Then, why do many companies sell green braids, and call them "Lov Vis"?