Seaguar JDM Lineup

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Seaguar JDM Lineup

Post by Firstoutfisher » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:23 am

I've been interested in trying some JDM seaguar lines lately but its very hard to find any information regarding them online. I know several of the JDM lines are the same as USDM lines but with different names. Which lines are exclusive to JDM and what are the USDM counterparts to the JDM lines that are sold here? Can someone give me a rundown?

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Seaguar JDM Lineup

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:04 pm

Firstoutfisher wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:23 am
I've been interested in trying some JDM seaguar lines lately but its very hard to find any information regarding them online. I know several of the JDM lines are the same as USDM lines but with different names. Which lines are exclusive to JDM and what are the USDM counterparts to the JDM lines that are sold here? Can someone give me a rundown?
I have tried a few of their JDM fluorocarbons, R18 LTD is Tatsu is what I was told. I have used it for almost a year now in 12lb, on my Alphas SVTW w/ a 7'2"Medium xf rod. I like it a lot. It handles well, doesn't get that chalky feel after heavy use, and is extremely strong for a thin diameter line. I also use 8lb on a 6'10"ML casting rod, with the same results. I cut a short section of about 4ft to mess with and it seems to be good stuff. I noticed it doesn't bite as easy as some of my other lines. I know you shouldn't do this, but sometimes bank fishing in a pinch I don't take the time to grab my clippers.

If you are wondering about braid, I won't be much help, haven't tried those. Also looking back over it all, I think the only two that directly relate across markets are the R18 LTD (Tatsu), and the R18 Bass (InvizX). I am very sure on LTD being Tatsu, not so much on the other one. They come in smaller 100M spools for a fair price, so that is good news to pick a few sizes and try them out. Anything specific you were looking for?