Sunline Super Natural

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
falcon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Sunline Super Natural

Post by falcon » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:40 pm

Suffix elite McCoy gamma pline has a few izorline. Theres more just a few I tried. That I thought better for the price
Legend Alpha 211/Merc 250 Pro XS

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:55 am

Well I fished the super natural two evenings in a row , and was not impressed.Took it off and threw it in garbage.
Way more stretch than big game , and it seemed to curl up bad in front of the bait , kind of a weird characteristic. And the sensitivity is not good enough to be worm fishing that's for sure. It might be good line for something like squarebills or chatter baits.
Somebody said , there are better lines out there for the same money , I believe that is correct. Big game , P-line , Yo zuri , Mc coy , Sufix to name a few.

steve1206
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by steve1206 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:56 am

toddmc wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:50 pm
Super Natural is softer and a much smaller diameter than Big Game for the same test rating. I don't care for the dark green color of Super Natural. It needs to be lighter. I would fish the clear over the dark green if you are fishing the top half of the water column.
Not smaller diameter for test rating, but really label rating. Just remember label rating doesn't equal breaking strength. Just because super natural has a lower diameter per higher label rating doesn't mean that is has a higher tensile strength. It may...or it may not...don't know til you experiment or test it...This is the biggest misconception in fishing line and it really come down to "line class" label rating vs."line test" label rating...which many times is Japan vs. US

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:42 pm

steve1206 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:56 am
toddmc wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:50 pm
Super Natural is softer and a much smaller diameter than Big Game for the same test rating. I don't care for the dark green color of Super Natural. It needs to be lighter. I would fish the clear over the dark green if you are fishing the top half of the water column.
Not smaller diameter for test rating, but really label rating. Just remember label rating doesn't equal breaking strength. Just because super natural has a lower diameter per higher label rating doesn't mean that is has a higher tensile strength. It may...or it may not...don't know til you experiment or test it...This is the biggest misconception in fishing line and it really come down to "line class" label rating vs."line test" label rating...which many times is Japan vs. US
Yes, we know this. What is stated on the box is not necessarily the actual breaking strength, no matter how it is rated.