Most reliable and thinnest 40/50lb braid line...

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Most reliable and thinnest 40/50lb braid line...

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:01 pm

wirinhar wrote:
QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:Do you use a leader of some kind?
Yes, I do use 30/40 lb fluoro Carbon leader at about 2 foot in length for all my crankbait rods.

Fishing Giant snake-head while they are in finicky mode is so much fun :). ( the size is about 10 - 20lb )

Anyway they are many brands in my area but they are only good initially when they first launched..... after that they are plenty fake stuffs here. I am just thinking of exporting myself rather than getting it locally

Anyway mind to share what will be the best braid line you have used?

Thanks in advance,
WW
The reason I asked about leader is if not using a leader but running straight braid its more cost effective to run a full spool of braid and then add backing as you use the line. In the long run hundreds of feet less line is used this way.

I dont use leaders I tie right to lure. My knots and line get right down on the bottom with IKAS, Senkos, paddletails dragged along bottom. The line that is working the best of the many, 15 or so braids Ive tried, is YGK G-Soul Upgrade X-8. I have the 60# .012in dia test which is others 40-50# dia ratings. It showed no signs of wear after weeks of use with same hook no re-tying. It stays tight with its weave and casts very well. No wind knots like my Samurai 40# .012 dia was plagued with.

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:45 pm

QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:
wirinhar wrote:
QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:Do you use a leader of some kind?
Yes, I do use 30/40 lb fluoro Carbon leader at about 2 foot in length for all my crankbait rods.

Fishing Giant snake-head while they are in finicky mode is so much fun :). ( the size is about 10 - 20lb )

Anyway they are many brands in my area but they are only good initially when they first launched..... after that they are plenty fake stuffs here. I am just thinking of exporting myself rather than getting it locally

Anyway mind to share what will be the best braid line you have used?

Thanks in advance,
WW
The reason I asked about leader is if not using a leader but running straight braid its more cost effective to run a full spool of braid and then add backing as you use the line. In the long run hundreds of feet less line is used this way.

I dont use leaders I tie right to lure. My knots and line get right down on the bottom with IKAS, Senkos, paddletails dragged along bottom. The line that is working the best of the many, 15 or so braids Ive tried, is YGK G-Soul Upgrade X-8. I have the 60# .012in dia test which is others 40-50# dia ratings. It showed no signs of wear after weeks of use with same hook no re-tying. It stays tight with its weave and casts very well. No wind knots like my Samurai 40# .012 dia was plagued with.
Thanks so much for info!!!

I have never tried without leader at deeper water especially for crankbait and this is all due to logs at the bottom or maybe too much man made debris out here.

I like either X- fast or fast action rod for fishing top water plugs at shallow heavy cover water and I always use the mono leader instead of fluoro carbon leader. I did once without leader, but the lure was taken away by the giant here.

Once again thanks so much for info and I have ordered 55 lb YGK Castman Full Drag (recommended by JWY) direct from Japan. Hope it will turn out good.

Regards,
Wirinhar

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:09 am

Thanks again JWY!!!

The line is finally here direct from Japan :)
galis.jpg
galis.jpg (216.08 KiB) Viewed 7257 times
Regards,
Wirinhar

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:46 am

YGK one of the best brands for braid and fluoro out there. Love their stuff!

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:14 am

Cracker wrote:YGK one of the best brands for braid and fluoro out there. Love their stuff!
Thank You, Sir.

I am also wondering if it can be used for spinning reels as well.

The one i have at the moment is Pe3, 55lb test line with 0.285mm in diameter.

Will that be good for 2000 or 2500 model daiwa spinning reel?

All inputs are much appreciated.

WW

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:12 pm

Sufix 832. It's nice line and the price recently went down. It's my go to I carrier braid
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:16 am

Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:Sufix 832. It's nice line and the price recently went down. It's my go to I carrier braid
Thanks for info, Sir!!!