Sunline Crank FC fluorocarbon

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
Rodster14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Sunline Crank FC fluorocarbon

Post by Rodster14 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:11 am

I am considering getting some of the us to use for cranking on a casting reel. I currently use 30 lb. braid with a 9 foot or so leader. I am thinking that this line with a little more stretch would help me. I could use it as my mine line, but generally hate straight fluorocarbon. Also, most of what I throw is 1/2-5/8. Does anyone have experience with this line and if so, should I get the 10 or 12 pound?

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Sunline Crank FC fluorocarbon

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:38 am

I use the previous generation and I like it. It has more stretch than a normal FC but, not a "springy" feeling as mono. I like it for moving baits.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Rodster14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rodster14 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:54 am

After watching the guys on Tactical Bassin and David Fritts recommend using light braid (I am trying 20 lb Sufis 832), I decided to try that. I will still use a shock leader. I am thinking about ordering some Sunline Crank to use as a shock leader. The super slick ION coating they tout makes me wonder how well it will hold a knot to the braid. What do you think?

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:32 am

Rodster14 wrote:After watching the guys on Tactical Bassin and David Fritts recommend using light braid (I am trying 20 lb Sufis 832), I decided to try that. I will still use a shock leader. I am thinking about ordering some Sunline Crank to use as a shock leader. The super slick ION coating they tout makes me wonder how well it will hold a knot to the braid. What do you think?
Pinch the 832 between your fingernails and scrape off the waxy coating before you tie your leader knot. If you use an Alberto/Improved Albright, it shouldn't come undone.