Sunline Siglon PEx8 braid

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Sunline Siglon PEx8 braid

Post by MediumHeavy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:50 pm

Tried some in green, 30lb. It’s very thin, color comes off fast, and is basically just like the TX braid. In fact, it’s also made of the Izanas fibers as well. Frays very easily.

Definitely gonna still with SX1 and good old Power Pro.

accodn2ryan
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Sunline Siglon PEx8 braid

Post by accodn2ryan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:17 pm

Thanks for the report, was thinking about trying this braid out on my next order. Guess I'm crossing it off my wish list.

DenhamBruce
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by DenhamBruce » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:38 am

Amazes me how they are putting out these new braids that handle completely different than SX1 and FX2 which got them recognition for making a great braided line. Wish they'd just make FX2 in hi vis colors and lighter lb test...

CheezusCrust
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CheezusCrust » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:53 pm

I bought this line in 16 lbs test and tested it with an electronic balance.The line is so thin it slices through the knot.It did a simple san diego jam knot and it broke at 4 lbs then I tried a doubled san diego jam and it broke at 14 lbs.I should have tried doubling the line and looping twice around the eyelet of the jighead.Maybe it would have broken at 16 lbs or more.

CheezusCrust
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CheezusCrust » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:48 am

This line is horrible I lost a jig when the line just snapped during a cast,one in rocks that I should have been able to unsnag and one during a hookset.It's way too thin and cuts itself.Stay clear of this stuff.

wilddog66
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by wilddog66 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:21 pm

I have been using their Xplasma Asegai in 16, 18, and 30lb for over a year now. Completely happy with it. Good strength for its diameter, works well with an Albright leader knot, does not fray, holds its color well. IIRC it is woven from the Izanas fibers, but it’s not anything like the Siglon as described above.

lucaslee98
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by lucaslee98 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:22 pm

Pretty bad line to be honest. I bought 5 rolls of it and it will work for only 1 trip before breaking. Used for bottom fishing with tenya. Used pe 1.2 and on the second trip it broke after taking a small bite. Used 1.7 PE and and the same thing happened. After the 5th roll i just gave up and found Yo Zuri Duel hardcore PE which is 10x better than this crappy siglon line