Sunline Siglon Fine Float II Line

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Sunline Siglon Fine Float II Line

Post by Cracker » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:05 am

Anybody used this line, how would you rate it?
I recently bought Sunline Armilo and love it.
Looking to increase my arsenal with some specialized lines.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Sunline Siglon Fine Float II Line

Post by BigG » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:36 am

Have not tried the Siglon, but have used yellow floating line for topwater baits. It worked fine and very visible, but didn't seem to effect my catch ratio compared to mono. I ended up switching back to Defier Shooter because I like it just as muck for topwater and could fish squarebills on the same rod. I love the defier shooter and Amilo.

FrankTheRabbit
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Sunline Siglon Fine Float II Line

Post by FrankTheRabbit » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:32 am

I've used it on a centre pin reel fishing for salmon & rainbows. It was the worst line I've ever used. The way one sets up their tackle, you have your mainline (usually run 8lb-10lb mono) and run a fluoro leader (4lb-6lb) with a micro swivel between the two lines. The idea is if a fish breaks you off, you should break off at the leader, which would be the weakest link. Well, in one day of fishing, I broke off more than 10 times along the mainline and even broke above where my float would sit. I lost 7 floats that day.

Granted, I could have gotten a bad batch, but other fellas that have also tried the floating line reported the same issue as well. It shouldn't happen when a spool of this line costs so much. I ended up unspool the remaining line and went back to regular mono. No issues, unless it's user error.