Sufix Siege Mono on Spinning Gear

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Sufix Siege Mono on Spinning Gear

Post by Hulkster » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:49 am

Hi all, does anyone else use Sufix Siege mono on spinning gear? I put 8 pound test siege on my 3000 stradic yesterday and I was amazed at how long and smooth it cast, for supposedly a 'tough' (aka stiff) line.

I think I got a bad spool lol

this may be my new go to for mono applications. its strong as hell but seems to cast like a dream. I would say it cast 95% as good as the elite, but it seems much stronger for its rated pound test.

I had read some bad reviews of it on spinning gear (but no pound test specified). At least in the lower pound tests the stuff seems awesome.

anyone else brave enough to use it for spinning gear?

cornmuse
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Sufix Siege Mono on Spinning Gear

Post by cornmuse » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:41 am

I use both 6lb and 8lb on spinning gear on 2500 size reels. Great performance, stellar value.
www.FlyFishOhio.com - Fly Fishing And More!

Brad in Texas
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Sufix Siege Mono on Spinning Gear

Post by Brad in Texas » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:16 am

Before I went to braid and fluoro leaders, I used Sufix Elite monofilament and it was just great. The only time I ever had an issue was when I once over-filled my reel spool. It casts so far, and from my perspective, it really has very modest stretch as mono lines go.

No, it doesn't transmit "feel" the way braid does. When I went to braid, I could feel the make-up of the bottom if I were pulling on something like a T-Rig back.

Other than that, there are certainly a lot of us, me too a bit, who are chasing the Holy Grail of fishing lines, looking for the perfect line, when some of these modern monofilaments are truly superb.

It reminds me that I need to spool up some Sufix mono on at least one rod for long casts and trouble free fishing.

Brad