Finesse Monofilament/Fluorocarbon

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
Draethe84
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Finesse Monofilament/Fluorocarbon

Post by Draethe84 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:56 pm

Hey guys, looking for a good mono/fluoro in 6lb for finesse bass... any recommendations are appreciated! (Will be used on a Daiwa 2004 spool)

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Finesse Monofilament/Fluorocarbon

Post by poisonokie » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:36 am

Invizx
This is the way.

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by earthworm77 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:48 am

I pretty much have used 6lb InvizX exclusively for the last 5yrs or so on my finesse gear, I think it is the best out there.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:58 am

Seaguar finesse fluorocarbon. Awesome line :big grin:

Ranger Ron 620 DVS
Angler
Angler

Post by Ranger Ron 620 DVS » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:49 am

Sunline - Shooter Finesse Special, 8 pound. A much limper line that coils less and forgives more when the fish pull hard at the boat causing less line breaks at close range.

Draethe84
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Draethe84 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:32 am

What about on the mono side... for the smaller sammys (55 & 65)

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Randingo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:23 pm

Draethe84 wrote:What about on the mono side... for the smaller sammys (55 & 65)
Can't go too far wrong with Sunline Supernatural. It's true six pound test, though. If you want American style six pound, Sufix Elite.

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Randingo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:30 am

I guess I should also add Sunline FC Sniper for fluorocarbon. I haven't tried the Shooter in finesse sizes. It's been great in 12# once I got the knots sorted (I've never fished a line more picky about knots, although the most important part was not using the palomar because it breaks on every hookset).

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:12 am

Tatsu. It's performs really well on spinning reels.

Draethe84
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Draethe84 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:12 am

I ended up getting some Platypus Super-100 in 6lb... super thin and strong, the only downside is that you guys in the states can't get it withour ordering it from Australia.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:58 pm

I bought 2 spools of 6# P-Line Tactical with the intent of using it on a couple of my baitcasters but it's so thin and limp that I'll be spooling a couple of spinning reels with it instead. I had a snag with 6# and it took a hell of a straight pull to get it to break off, I was really surprised. It felt nearly as strong as 8# Yo-Zuri Hybrid as far as straight pull breaking strength is concerned. TW is still running the buy one get one on those spools so that might be worth a look.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:37 am

adam lancia wrote:I bought 2 spools of 6# P-Line Tactical with the intent of using it on a couple of my baitcasters but it's so thin and limp that I'll be spooling a couple of spinning reels with it instead. I had a snag with 6# and it took a hell of a straight pull to get it to break off, I was really surprised. It felt nearly as strong as 8# Yo-Zuri Hybrid as far as straight pull breaking strength is concerned. TW is still running the buy one get one on those spools so that might be worth a look.
I have the 8 and 10 lb. I also have some reels spooled with Sunline Assassin in the same tests. I'm glad I tried both as I was completely dedicated to Tatsu. These lines aren't quite as good, but close enough when comparing the expense. The Seaguar finesse fluorocarbon seems just like Tatsu, only thinner in diameter. Fluorocarbon has come a long way compared to previous iterations imo.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:38 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
adam lancia wrote:I bought 2 spools of 6# P-Line Tactical with the intent of using it on a couple of my baitcasters but it's so thin and limp that I'll be spooling a couple of spinning reels with it instead. I had a snag with 6# and it took a hell of a straight pull to get it to break off, I was really surprised. It felt nearly as strong as 8# Yo-Zuri Hybrid as far as straight pull breaking strength is concerned. TW is still running the buy one get one on those spools so that might be worth a look.
I have the 8 and 10 lb. I also have some reels spooled with Sunline Assassin in the same tests. I'm glad I tried both as I was completely dedicated to Tatsu. These lines aren't quite as good, but close enough when comparing the expense. The Seaguar finesse fluorocarbon seems just like Tatsu, only thinner in diameter. Fluorocarbon has come a long way compared to previous iterations imo.
How stretchy do you find the 10# to be compared to Assassin?

gailt
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by gailt » Mon May 08, 2017 3:21 am

I use 6lb Sunline Super natural,I'm to scared to try Tatsu as I've had fluorcarbon just leap off my spinning reels.

montey
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by montey » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:16 pm

Try McCoys line. It's very limp and strong.