invizx vs vicious pro elite

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

invizx vs vicious pro elite

Post by Jason Penn » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:45 am

searching the site, i came across a post that compared the pro elite to invizx. i've only used the 8# pro elite, but really didn't have much trouble out of it. i've got some 8# invizx & 6# pro elite on the way to compare similar diameters. anybody here tested these lines against each other? i'm totally in the minority, but i just can't deal with braid/leader, and am looking for a very manageable line for my spinning gear.

Eric Walsh
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: invizx vs vicious pro elite

Post by Eric Walsh » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:58 am

I know everyone has their opinion on line, good and bad, but InvizX has been perhaps the most reliable of all the great
fluoros I've used. You will especially like it for spinning reels as it has similar characteristics to mono. Good luck, Eric.

Brad in Texas
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Brad in Texas » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:54 pm

I second Eric's observation that Seaguar Invizx is superb for its price point.

It also represents a line that manages two generally opposed qualities: castability and abrasion resistance.

I think they have this line dialed in just about right.

Tatsu would be even better . . . but the price is so very high.

Here is the thing: Seaguar controls every step of the process from using its proprietary resins . . . all the way through the manufacturing process, so this implies no out-sourcing. I can't speak to Vicious but unless this is also true, it means someone else for many fluorocarbon line retailers is making their lines and then they slap a brand name on them. And, they shop around for the best deals so the lines might be different from one year to the next, yet branded the same.

I'd also go to Tackle Tour's review of fluorocarbon lines and automatically eliminate any lines that absorb water. Since 100% fluorocarbons don't absorb water, at all, those that show effects from soaking in water mean something is letting water into the line. That'd be a first cut for me in selecting a line.

But, why bother? Seaguar lines are that good with more specialized fluorocarbons than anyone else. Tatsu, for one, is a combination of two of its resins where one helps the line remain supple, the other gives it tremendous strength.

Hey! Report back your findings!

Brad

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Randingo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:43 am

While Seaguar may have control over every aspect of production of their excellent lines, it doesn't follow that other lines are either worse or all me-too products. There are only a few places that manufacture fluorocarbon fishing line in the world, but I doubt you'll find anyone who argues that Sufix fluoro is the same as Sunline Shooter is the same as Gamma is the same as Orvis 5x trout tippet material is the same as Halo. Seaguar makes many excellent and consistent products, and so do most of the other brands of fluoro; pick the ones that have properties you value.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:16 am

The best flouro I have used on spinning reels is Tatsu. It's worth the price because it handles so well. I have only used 6lb though.

Brad in Texas
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Brad in Texas » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:36 pm

Randingo wrote:While Seaguar may have control over every aspect of production of their excellent lines, it doesn't follow that other lines are either worse or all me-too products. There are only a few places that manufacture fluorocarbon fishing line in the world, but I doubt you'll find anyone who argues that Sufix fluoro is the same as Sunline Shooter is the same as Gamma is the same as Orvis 5x trout tippet material is the same as Halo. Seaguar makes many excellent and consistent products, and so do most of the other brands of fluoro; pick the ones that have properties you value.
Yes! I think this is correct. We agree. If you go to Seaguar or several other sources, you'll see they have specialized lines for a ton of different applications. But, so do others and many are fine lines with great qualities.

Again, in my selection process, I'd eliminate any fluorocarbons that absorb water. That would indicate some sort of adulteration.

Now, if I just knew for sure who was outsourcing and not really making their own lines. Maybe each manufacturer provides these details. The reason I'd be more skeptical of outsourcing is simply because it means quality control issues are often delegated; that, and the one doing the buying seeking a profit on sales is always looking for a cheaper supplier.

I am not certain, but it is highly likely that one reason some lines start out working well with good reputations, then seem to falter is nothing more than the seller switched sources.

Seaguar eliminates all of these concerns for me and has a wider array of fluorocarbons than the next 3, 4 or 5 retailers combined.

I need to give Tatsu a go but since I only use fluorocarbon for leaders, I haven't yet justified paying up for arguably the best casting fluorocarbon on the market. If I were casting out fluorocarbon as a main line, I'd definitely give it a go.

Brad

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:08 pm

thanks everyone for the responses. i got both lines in, and will compare them over the next month or so.

the main reason for comparing these was price, but after searching the web, i'm not sure i'm really that worried about price. they can be had for very comparable prices. i'm only worried about this for spinning gear anyway, as i have no problems with stiffer line for casting.